Paul Crumbie, Home Buyer in Scottsdale, AZ

I recently saw a two family bank owned that was listed for $180k in Fountain Hills. 3bd/2ba on one side/ 2bd/2ba on the other. Was that a good deal?

Asked by Paul Crumbie, Scottsdale, AZ Tue Jul 27, 2010

Answers

2
It all depends on LOCATION and CONDITION of a home. When you look at square footage prices, e.g. average, it is totally misleading. Who ever in the Real Estate World came up with that fact must have been VERY uneducated. As one can not look at a square footage price [or average of it] to get the REAL picture. Just think, if you have an old or dis-shambled house [building cost $80,000], take the square footage price of the sales price and then compare it to the square footage price of a luxury home [building cost millions of dollars]: this is so UNREALISTIC. I hope that you now see that it is absolutely useless for Realtors to put the square footage price onto a listing. It amazes me that the public has not revolted against such a stupid method.

So, back to your question: "Was that a good deal?" It's hard to tell, if you don't give/know the location and the condition of the house for $180K!
It depends on the actual location, location, location.