Home Buying in 54022>Question Details

Jodi, Home Buyer in 54022

I recently purchased home through a FHA Loan. My question is: I have a friend that needs a place to live. Can she move in with me and pay me rent.?

Asked by Jodi, 54022 Tue Mar 22, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you can have a friend live with you and help with the bills. You might want to check with the local municipality to make sure they don’t have any requirements like a renter’s license. Just to stay on the safe side.
Web Reference: http://www.dale-sels.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011

Dale makes a great point. In our state, there are some subdivisions that do not allow this and also the municipality may require a permit as Dale already stated. Best to be safe than sorry.
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011
Absolutely - as long as you continue to live there and it's your primary home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011
Jodi, you are the proud owner of that home...the only stipulation FHA makes when you get an FHA loan on a single family residence is that you owner occupy the home as your primary residence within I believe 60 days of closing on the purchase. You can have tenant, friends family or no one live with you...the choice is your. congrats on buying a home at one of the best buying times ever! I hope this clarifies things for you...if you want more answers, feel free to reach out to me directly or thru this post. Andrew
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 22, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer