Adriana, Home Buyer in 77006

I recently (12/07) had to do a deed in lieu of foreclosure in a house I lived in chicago, IL. We relocated to

Asked by Adriana, 77006 Tue Feb 10, 2009

TX and we are now in a much better financial shape. Will it be possible to get another mortage or loan again to buy a house this year or my case is just hopeless? My husband tried the VA and teh informed him that deed in lieu is worse than a bankruptcy...they say we would have to wait 4 years to apply again due to the deed in lieu...Is there any help for us at this point?

Answers

3
You will only have to wait 4 years if you apply for a VA loan.
Having a Deed in Lieu is not worse than a bankruptcy, but it isnt pretty either. FHA has plently of programs for people to get back into the market. Waiting 2 years is also a myth. It depends on your credit score. If you have a score over 580, you are good to go, as long as your income can be documented.
If you want a loan, we have a deparment that can be reached at 1-800-640-8798.

Sincerely
Daniel Klein
Broker
Over 1 Billion Sold
Shawn is correct on their statement. I am a Texas mortgage loan officer, best hold off till approx. 1/10 therefore you have 2 years behind you since 12/07. Welcome to Texas
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
After foreclosure or bankruptcy most of the lenders/banks will not take your application for about 4-6 years. Some FHA lenders may accept after 2 years.