Home Buying in Greer>Question Details

Terray Kelly, Home Buyer in Greer, SC

I really want to become a home owner but I don't have the best credit. What are my options? Are there programs or lenders that will work with me?

Asked by Terray Kelly, Greer, SC Mon Jan 6, 2014

Answers

6
Call me and I'll help you out 864-404-1574
You should talk to a lender who was someone that works on credit repair. They will set up a plan to attack what is negative on your credit. Sometimes it's simple like paying down half your debt, paying something off, or disputing negative items on your credit.
We should look at your credit and see what items need to be corrected. Many of our programs allow lower scores since we are a direct lender with FNMA and GNMA. Give me a call - 864-991-7997 and we can discuss.
There are definitely ways for you to become a home owner. I would recommend finding a lender to discuss your options. Go to several local banks and talk to them about your credit history and find out what programs they have. Make sure you ask them about FHA loans and VA loans as they might be options too. Credit is not the only factor in buying a home. Banks also look at down payments, how much money you make, how much debt you have, etc.

Call Alex Lilla at Benchmark. 864-285-5849. They will do a free consultation and explain your options. No cost ever to you. They only ask that you give them the opportunity to provide you a loan when you are ready to purchase.

Tell him I sent you.
I do not know of any programs in SC but contact a mortgage broker, have them run a credit report and try and obtain pre-approval. If they are unable to approve you for a loan now they should be able to direct you to a credit repair and you can work with them to improve your credit. Depending on what you need to work on it could take as little as a year to get it to the point of obtaining financing for a home.