Home Buying in Miami Beach>Question Details

Inpash, Home Seller in 33173

I really dislike all these auction apartments on Trulia. It is misleading and saturates the site.

Asked by Inpash, 33173 Mon Dec 30, 2013

Answers

3
I have been hearing that from buyers and saying it for a couple of years now but NO ONE at TRULIA seems to care or pay attention to what it's users want or like because they have not changed it. They should have a RED banner that these homes may not even be for sale just in the foreclosure process.
I believe the phrase "Caveat Emptor" (Let the Buyer Beware) is really important here.

Auction properties come with additional risk, and many buyers don't adequately discount the price for the risks, time, money, etc. that they're taking on by buying such properties. However, since many of them are listed in the MLS, they have every right to advertise on sites like Trulia.

As an agent, I generally will advise my buyers to avoid them. Unless you get a really great deal (like 30% below market rates) it's just not worth it.
It's very misleading and doesn't give an accurate picture of what's really available and what price it's available. I know trulia and auction.com are most likely happy with this partnership though.