Home Buying in Upland>Question Details

Vosker, Home Buyer in

I read a listing which says home comes with 1/4 water share . What does this mean? And is it good, a headache, appreciate any help

Asked by Vosker, Sun Jul 22, 2012

Owning water shares is an asset. I can assure you, it is not a headache. I am a resident of the San Antonio Heights which falls under the county line near Upland. I also own water shares in the San Antonio Water Company. Currently the San Antonio Water Company has no shares to sell which means you would have to purchase from an individual shareholder if you were not offered water shares with the purchase of a home.
I've known 1/4 water shares to sell from $7000 to $20,000. The value is dependent upon the amount negotiated between the seller and buyer of the shares. The amount of shares necessary for a household is dependent upon the home owners needs. On a new construction, the SAWC will ask you to submit a water budget, landscape plan, and a plot plan to determine the amount of shares needed.
In comparison to the city of Upland, San Antonio Water Company serviced areas pay less for water. In fact, the city of Upland purchases water from SAWC.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions, I can be reached at (909)210-1570 or email me at bhatiamgr@gmail.com

Kavita Bhatia
Broker Associate
"Giving you the Best Results"
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 1, 2012
Hello Vosker,

The easiest way to answer your question is. There are communities that have their own private mutual water entities (companies), which are covered under State Code. The community of San Antonio Heights in Upland is a perfect example. Are you currently interested in purchasing a home in the San Antonio Heights area? If so, I recommend that you take a look at the following website, http://sawaterco.com/water-sharesstock to find out more information. This should help to answer any further questions you may have. Should you need any further help please give me a call at (626) 221-8252 or contact me via email at mbartlettrealestate1@earthlink.net. Thank you!

Warmest Regards,