Home Buying in Sellersville>Question Details

taasha16, Home Buyer in Sellersville, PA

I ran my credit almost two weeks ago for pre-approval with a bank. i still have not heard from the company or the person i was working with. How soon?

Asked by taasha16, Sellersville, PA Thu Mar 7, 2013

or how long should i wait before i apply with another company without hurting my credit score?

Answers

9
You can get a pre approval in an hour, it shouldn't take anywhere close to two weeks. I would contact them before reaching out to another company. Keep this in mind though when it's actually time to apply for your loan, major red flag.
I have someone that will jump through hoops for everyone even if their credit score is not up to par.

He also has someone that can fix your credit if that's the problem.

He can get you a preapproval in 15 minutes!

Regardless, you want someone that will work hard for you. Email me and I'll give you the company's info.

-Ann Mc Guire
(215) 622-5070
Info@RealtorMcGuire.com
That day is how soon, check with another lender.
Hi Taasha -

It is not unreasonable to expect an answer sooner from a lender for a pre-approval. My advice would be to move to another lender. If you need a referral, I work with a few lenders who would be able to give you an answer the same day. As for your credit score, the inquiries may come up - but if you explain that no credit was obtained from those inquiries, all should be well. A good lender can help you through the process.

Call me at 215-740-0607 and I'd be happy to help you out. Best of luck!

Jack Torres
Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors
212 N Main St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Email: j.torres@cbhearthside.com
Hi Taasha, as my colleagues have all stated, you should definitely use another lender. I have one that I would trust with my own mortgage if you would like his name and number. Just email me.

As far as your credit score, you should be able to have your credit run by a few mortgage companies without it hurting your credit too much. The theory is that the credit bureaus are smart and their algorithms can tell that you are searching for a home and do not ding your credit score unnecessarily. It is advised that you ship around for the best mortgage terms for your situation.

Hope this helps and call or email if you would like my mortgage guy's contact info.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
Hi Taasha,
Thats crazy that its been so long and you haven't heard back. It takes mortgage companies about 15 minutes to pull your credit. I'm local to the area, so let me know if you want me to put you in touch with a great lender that will have this info to you quickly. Even if you don't take me up on the offer, I strongly suggest you search for another lender. If you are pre approved, imagine how the process will be and how long it could possibly take if you deal with this company throughout the process??
If you haven't heard back from the lender by now, that's your sign to find another Loan Officer and lender to work with. If it takes them two weeks to pull and review a credit report, then how bad do you think it will be later on? You could also contact the Branch Manager, but I recommend moving on.

Best of Luck!
Great answer George!
Flag Thu Mar 7, 2013
As I said on the other post, I would strongly recommend another lender.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
Ranked #1 In The State of PA in 2012 For Coldwell Banker International Realtors
2012 Coldwell Banker International President’s Elite Award
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
If you have not heard anything from the bank in 2 weeks I would certainly recommend you contact another lender.