Home Buying in Plano>Question Details

paul_jason_r…, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

I qualify for a VA loan. My lowest credit score should be 630 next month due. How far away am I from engaging a lender to get pre-qualified?

Asked by paul_jason_rodriguez, Plano, TX Fri Oct 5, 2012

My lowest score is 605 right now

Answers

11
There is no minimum credit score required for a VA loan. What is important is what is in your credit report that makes your score low. The 2 open collections is what will most likely disqualify you.

Guidelines:
• Maximum DTI for a manually underwritten loan is 46% and veteran must meet the residual requirement with compensating factors (VA has only one ratio)
• Although there is no minimum FICO, the veteran must meet the ratio requirement and have residual income 120% over that required for family size
• VORs or 12 months cancelled checks for the last 12 months’ rental history with no lates
• No derogatory credit within the past 12 months
• Letter of explanation for any derogatory credit and credit inquiries
• Note: VA considers open collections as recent derogatory credit; this would count if the collection was reported within the last 12 months. Recent short sale of a previous mortgage or a previous foreclosure for the veteran or the non-purchasing spouse will be a substantial negative issue in a veteran’s credit review (regardless of DU approval)
• No down payment assistance programs allowed
• Any VA cash-out refinance cannot exceed 90% LTV/CLTV
nce.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 14, 2013
Randy Roberts stop spamming Trulia. The Lendersnetwork is a scam buyers beware. They hire people to creat fake profiles and spam Truila.

Look at Randy Roberts profile he has 100s of spam comments left on blogs. This company uses companies overseas to create fake profiles to leave comments all over the internet to promote their company.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 31, 2013
You area ready NOW. Interest rates are at the lowest around 3%. Check with a lender to start the process. Then be ready to see some properties. Great new properties coming on the market daily. This is an exciting time to be buying a home. Best of luck to you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
Hi Paul,

Please let me know if you want me to refer you to my broker's VA lender. They would able to give you a good idea on how and when to get to the target score to purchase.

You can email me at dixondfw@gmail.com

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 6, 2012
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE to our country !

It is all based on your "middle score" of the 3 credit reports. Who knows you might be quailfied now . Recommend contact mortgage broker determine status based on your loan application completed.

Contact my office Saturday where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications and lender requirements

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 5, 2012
Hi Paul-

GREAT Job getting your score up! I bet that was a challenging road but you conquered it! It's not easy walking that road.

I recommend 2 mortgage companies that can assist and work for you to get to the VA recommended qualifications. I think you you are almost there.

I refer many clients to the these 2 companies because they provide excellent customer service: Jeff Jenasche, Town Square Finabcial, Executive VP, 972-292-7599, jjannasch@townsquarefinancial.com/. Paolo Dentone, Home Team Mortgage, 972-335-5970.

I would be honored to work for you and represent you in your new home purchase. Please feel free to text, email or call if I can help in any way or provide you you more information.

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
1415 Legacy Drive, Suite 100
Frisco, TX 75034
(214) 215-4145
Sherryrenfrose@ebby.com
http://Www.sherryrenfroe.com
Very much agree with my colleagues...a professional mortgage lender can give you the most accurate information and advice. I work with one who specializes in VA loans. Please contact me so I can put you in touch with them, they do great work and primarily serve Veterans.

Best regards in your home search...let me know how I can help!

Sandy Setliff
http://www.sandysetliffhomes.com
Hi, you are very close to the magic number of 620, but you should really speak with a mortgage lender to get all the facts. When you're ready I would be happy to assist you in finding your future home:)
Hi Paul,

I have a really good lender/mortgage advisor who can help you get your score up and give you advice on the best loan for you. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.

Thanks!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Hi Paul

I have a company that can get you fast results with your credit score and we can put you in your new home soon, so please call me at 214_202_8415.

Mario Rios, Realtor
Global Realty
HI Paul, You can engage a lender right now. I have a lender that will help you get those last few points and their service is free. You could be moved in a couple of months. Just email me and I'll send their info or you can call my cell. Michele@2mtexas.com