Home Buying in Newport>Question Details

Coral Macdon…, Home Buyer in Newport, RI

I put in an offer on a house that was a short sale . with in 2 days the agent for the seller got back to my

Asked by Coral Macdonald, Newport, RI Sat Mar 28, 2009

agent and said the owner of the house is going to take advantage of the gov't stimulas package. So our offer is null and void. The house is still listed and our offer is only 15,000 below asking price.

Answers

3
There is no way to force a seller to accept an offer. They may be in the process of taking the house off the market.
Web Reference: http://www.alaynaberek.com
If your offer was not ever accepted by the seller, I don't believe you can do anything except perhaps submit a more enticing offer.
I'd resubmit your offer. It all depends on how good the communication is between listing agent, buyers agent, seller and bank. We are handling a good amount of short sales and there is specific legal language that should be in your offer to protect you.

I'd be happy to assist if you have any further questions or comments.

Thank you.