Home Buying in Lees Summit>Question Details

John629, Home Buyer in Lees Summit, MO

I put an offer on a house long story short. After inspection renegotiations someone in the real estate company representing seller bought it cheaper

Asked by John629, Lees Summit, MO Thu Jul 14, 2011

They were outbidding me consecutively 3 times in a row. I didnt get another chance to re offer from the selling realtor after they offered less, post inspection. Is this fraudulent? If the representing realtor was looking out for the sellers best interest wouldnt they have contacted me to re-offer after the buyer (representing realtors co-worker) halfed the origonal offer post inspection?

Answers

1
John,
Hard to know without all the facts. What you must know is that the seller had to see your offers and the others and they are the only one who can decide which offer to accept.
Price is typically the biggest factor, but not always. I've had buyers win competitive bid scenarios because we presented a more compelling story that appealed to the seller. Sometimes being easy to deal with makes up for money. I can imagine several possibilities but only the agent and sellers know for sure.