Homebuyer, Home Buyer in 95765

I put an offer on a home it was not accepted. I let my agent go the home is back on the mkt & I want to use a diff agent & do a diff offer

Asked by Homebuyer, 95765 Thu Aug 5, 2010

can I? The agent was not doing his job I was doing all the work, so I let him go. A day later the house came back on the market and he insists he has to write up the new offer and I do not want to use him. He wrote up the original offer on the house and it was not accepted. We have not signed an buyer agency agreement. We were told we were a backup offer (verbal) but the listing agent is opening the house for the weekend and then going to submit all offers he receives on Monday. Can I use another agent for a new offer?

Answers

3
Getting another agent is defiantly a possibly, and I do specialize in Rocklin. But before you move agents, why didn't your offer get accepted? there are a multitude of reasons why this could happen. If you feel your agent is being dishonest with you then YES of course switch, but if they are working hard for you and being honest, maybe you and the agent just need a different approach. I am available for questions and have an opening for a buyer. Best wishes no matter what you decide.
Hello Homebuyer,

You first mentioned that your initial offer was rejected. Then you mentioned that you were informed verbally that your offer is in backup status giving the impression it will be submited with all other offers received on Monday.

If your inital offer was completely rejected and will not be re-submitted to the Seller'(s) on Monday then you may choose another Agent and Brokerage to represent you in making a new offer. You will have no obligation to your past Agent and Brokerage in this case because your initial offer is no longer being considered and you have no Exclusive Buyer Agent contract with your past Agent. However, I must stress again your former offer cannot be included in that group of offers to be submitted on Monday. Good luck!

Matt
Have you spoken to your former agent's broker? If not, call him and explain your situation to him. Tell him you want to put in another offer on this house but you want to work with a different agent. The broker will assign another agent to work with you and the broker will work out the details between his two agents. This is probably the easiest thing to do.

You could always go to another brokerage, but be sure to explain the situation to them and let them work out something with the original brokerage. This may be a bit harder to work out, but you will get a clean break from the previous brokerage.