Home Buying in Rockland>Question Details

Shegiff, Home Buyer in Rockland, MA

I put an offer on a bank owned property in Rockland, MA. How do I find out who the bank is?

Asked by Shegiff, Rockland, MA Fri Jul 9, 2010

I put an offer 2 weeks ago to a bank owned property in Rockland, MA. I've been looking for the perfect first place for 3 years, and I have found it. However, it is taking forever to find out anything as to if a decision has been made by the bank. How do I find out who the bank is? I've asked my realitor to find out, and she says that the selling agent wont tell her. I want to contact them because I want to propose to them that I am willing to sit down with them to see if they are willing to approve us for a compairable mortgage to the one that I was preapproved for. I figure, if they are keeping the note on the property, it would be an excellent business opportunity for them. I would then assume I would get a pretty rapid responce.

Answers

3
Hello Shegiff- I don't really think that would help you any; if the selling bank were to also get your new mortgage on the place. It may be one big company, but the different departments of big banks don't really talk to eachother nor care what the other is doing for the most part. That's just my opinion.
The asset manager who is trying to unload the property will get paid the same whether or not you get a mortgage from their bank or from someone else.
But yes, as the others have said - this would all be public record. Just call the town assessor's office, or the country registry of deeds. They should be able to tell you over the phone.
Ken L.
I don't know why you aren't being given the information. Here in Massachusetts it is part of the public record. I looked up properties in Rockland, MA that are listed as banked owned (REO) and they list who owns them. This information is not a secret.

Maybe there is more going on here than meets the eye. Are you sure this is a banked owned property and that it is not just going through the foreclosure process?
Hi Shegiff. Every bank has a different strategy. However, most banks are not very responsive. For the most part, real estate is public record. Your real estate agent should be able to look up the public records on your behalf and find out the owner of the property is. In fact most states have public databases that are accessible online.

Robert Greenblatt
Keller Williams, Cherry Hill New Jersey