Jackiep, Home Buyer in 15239

I purchased my first home April 9, in PA. There is an addition on the back of the home, which at the time of purchase I knew needed some repairs.

Asked by Jackiep, 15239 Tue Sep 7, 2010

5 contractors later, I am being told there is major structural damage and to remove my furniture and allow noone in this family room. In the sellers disclosure portion of my contract, the seller states they acquired all necessary permits and inspections for the addition. After numerous phone calls and visits to my Boro Municipal Authority, I have found that there have been NO permits or inspections issued for my home or this addition. What can I do???

Answers

4
One word comes in mind. Attorney. Specifically one dealing in real estate matters.
Contact the lawyer and provide them copies of the sellers disclosure as well as reports from your recent contractors. This really is a legal matter and a realtor should not respond as we are not attorneys

Sean Dawes
I have to agree with the other answers you are getting to consult a good real estate litigation attorney. Although please realize that if it comes to litigation it is not fun and it can take months or even years and it is not always as rewarding as you hope. It might a be a good idea to interview two or three attornies for their opinions.
I would definitely contact a lawyer on that one, see what they have to say. I can recommend one if you like, email me directly if you want.
Web Reference: http://stevejmole.net/