Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Milliebaptis…, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I purchased 2 adjacent lots in North Port -2006 for $60k. Today it appears they are worth under $15,000 combined.Any recommendations? Build or hold?

Asked by Milliebaptiste, New York, NY Wed Jan 16, 2013

Randy L. Biehl’s answer
I would say build if you are happy living in our area. I have lived hear all of my life and do not know why anyone would not love this place. Golfing, Fishing, Great Weather and I could go on!
My Wife and I also live in NP and enjoy the peace and quiet over Charlotte County.
If you would like a reference for Builders in our area I would be happy to help you out.
Have a great day and hope you enjoy FL as much as we do.

RandyBiehl@gmail.com or (941) 628-6140 Century 21 Aztec & Associates Charlotte Harbor, FL
Stevens Contracting, LLC is currently building in North Port, in the Estates. Feel free to contact us anytime for new home plans and quotes. Pat and Mark Stevens 941-255-5924
Flag Tue Jan 22, 2013
Hold for your future home.
Yes worth under 15k !! definately dont build now. if they are paid for and you can afford the taxes keep them. however if you can use the 10k and pay off other bills then sell !!!!
Right now in North Port it is still cheaper to purchase an existing home than it is to build a new home. Are you looking to build to resell or rent or build to live in the home? It may be quite some time before you would see the lots selling at the price you paid in 2006. I have a buyer that purchased lots and is in the same situation. He is holding on to the lots and looking to purchase an exsiting home to move into.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
New EPA regulations effective in 2013 will FORCE farms under 100 acres out of business. This land will lose the current agriculture tax rates. There is a STRONG likelihood of more vacant land becoming available for purchase....nationally.
If your lots are developed, meaning the infrastructure in in place, you will be in much better shape than those attempting to sell raw lots.
There is clear evidence of new home construction in Florida. Current home inventory is unsatisfactory for discriminating buyers. If you purchased in the right location, the real profit will be in building especially in those locations with value retaining factors like golf courses and waterfront or water access. This window of opportunity will continue for at least the next 18 months....but those dolts in Washington can foul up just about everything.
It is a tough call and not without risk.
Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
Build for your future retirement home? Yes. Set your property tax value now.

Build for a resale? No.
Please let me know more details about the location of the lotss and feel free to call me to talk about your options. Your Go To Florida Realtor Julie Rosenthal (561)827-6789 email julier6789@gmail.com see all listings and free info at http://www.BUY-SELL-RENT-FLORIDA.com
Why call you? So you can get involved and rip them off!
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013