Home Buying in Anderson>Question Details

Don, Home Buyer in Marana, AZ

I purchased a home and signed closing documents 5 days have passed and seller finally signs their closing documents so lender can fund the loan.

Asked by Don, Marana, AZ Thu Aug 9, 2012

I received notice that the loan has been funded the home is vacant why cant i get my keys

Answers

4
Closings in California are different than other parts of the country. The home is not legally yours until it is recorded with the county. You sign docs, usually wait a few days, fund the loan, and then record the following day.
Hello Don,

Congratulations on your loans funding. The next step is for the deed to be recorded. Once confirmation has been received that the deed has recorded then the home is officially yours. In the meantime, speak with your Realtor to determine what the contract stipulates as to when possession is to take place. Best wishes to you!

Warmest Regards,

Matt

http://www.matthewbartlettrealestate.com
As Diana pointed out below, the deed needs to record first. This is usually done the day after funding, or if funded on friday recorded on monday. ask your agent
Usually the deed will need to be recorded as well before occupancy is granted. You may want to inquire if that has happened. If so, you should be able to get keys because at that point, ownership is considered to have been transferred to you.
The recoding is now done and the selling agent said she would leave the key to home under a rock!!
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012