Home Buying in Colleyville>Question Details

Bhawna, Renter in Irving, TX

I plan to buy a home in the Colleyville area ,TX this September.Is this a good month to negotiate and get a good deal or should I wait longer?

Asked by Bhawna, Irving, TX Fri Mar 18, 2011

Answers

7
HI Bhawna!

Colleyville is a great location with exemplary schools. There are always good deals you just have to be ready to move on them when one arises. This takes an aggressive agent that knows the market and the area. I work in Colleyville and would love the opportunity to help you with your home search.

Please give me call 214-893-6624 to discuss the specifics of your home search!

My best,
Shae Nault
shaenault@gmail.com
Finding the right home is hard work.

I would take time to start looking now and get a feel for the process, price range and the kind of style of home and neighborhood you like.

Also check mart the homes that interest you and see how long they stay on the market. Come September you will know the house your looking for and you will know when to act.

After you have done your research be prepared to move forward without hesitation. I have seen people lose out on a home that they really liked because they were not prepared and unfamiliar with the process of home choosing only to loose the home to another bid.
. Finding the best agent to guide you through the real estate transaction can be the difference between a real estate dream or nightmare.
There is deals out there regardless of the time a year it is. However I would think during the winter months you would be able to slip through with weaker bids. Sellers get desperate and yet this could back fire inventory is drastically reduced in the winter months so you'll be limited on options and you simply won’t know how many other buyers are searching that time of year. I would purchase prior to the new year. Many are expecting interest rates to go back up.

Contact me today so I can set you up on a listing alert. All I need is your criteria and you tell me the speed in which you would like to move.

3xUS Army Veteran / Real Estate Consultant
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
The timing of your planned purchase is interesting because it falls after the new school year starts. Because the summer months [before school starts] are traditionally more active, you will encounter some off-setting circumstances by September. For instance, inventory of your preferred home-style may be low by that time, but seller motivation may be higher. An experienced Realtor will be able to help you when you're ready, but it's all hypothetical until then.
Let me know how I can be of specific assistance...and in the meantime, visit my website at BobLumby.com.

Bob Lumby, GRI, ePRO
Realtor®, RE/MAX Masters
Cell: 817 899-5687
Email: Bob@BobLumby.com
The Key that opens the Doors of home…
I’d love to be the Realtor® you refer your friends and family to…
…I’m never too busy for your referrals.
Hi Bhawna,

I thought you might want a "local" opinion from someone that lives near the Colleyville area.

The decision to buy a house now or in the future is a big decision and really depends on your personal situation. These questions are strictly for you to ask yourself, not to be answered for anyone else.

1) Your profile shows that you currently live in Mountain Lake Park MD. Why are you moving to Texas? What are you moving for? How long do you plan on living in Texas? When exactly do you plan on moving?

2) Is there a family to consider in your move? How many are in that family? Are you set on Colleyville or are the surrounding areas (Irving, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Grapevine, North Richland Hills, etc) sufficient?

3) Your profile says you are a "renter", but is that currently or are you planning on renting for a while when you move? How well do you know the Dallas Fort Worth area? Have you actually visited the area recently?

4) How is your credit? How is your debt to income ratio? How much can you afford to buy? Will a change in interest rates affect your ability to buy?

There are so many more things to consider that it would be impossible to list them all.

My recommendation to you is to sit down and discuss some of these questions with who ever will be involved in the home buying decision. Since you are not in Texas currently, you need to look for a REALTOR who can work with you from a distance, can meet with you when you visit, and will be able to digest any information that you give to them and find you the perfect property, either to buy or rent.

If you are unfamiliar with the area, I would be happy to talk to you either over the internet, by phone, or when you come to visit the area and discuss your housing needs.

Please feel free to contact me any time.

Because it's more than real estate. It's RAYL-Estate!

Brian Rayl, REALTOR®, e-PRO, SFR
Keller Williams Elite Park Cities
972-949-4222
http://www.BrianRayl.com
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
Web Reference: http://brianrayl.com
For a current list of available properties in your area of interest, please visit my website. From "my external links", you can view both foreclosed and non-foreclosed properties anywhere USA. If you find one of interest, I suggest you contact a local quality realtor for home viewing and contract support. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in your home buying search.
There are plenty of deals waiting to be had out there throughout the year, therefore buy when you are ready to buy and need to buy.....