Yapeaks, Home Buyer in Birmingham, AL

I plan on purchasing condo (150K-200K) convenient to UAB what/where are the options with lower HOA/Condo fees? Range? Many thanks

Asked by Yapeaks, Birmingham, AL Fri Jan 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3093486676-2020-5th-Ave-S-Bir…

Answers

5
You might want to consider that many of the HOA fees include some of the utilities. For example, Gallery Lofts on 2nd Ave. North are a $351/month for a 1,400 square foot loft. HOA fee includes all utilities (water/sewer, and gas- which those would be estimated to be around $150-$200) with the exception of power and cable/internet. Another example, Bristol Southside are $234/month for a 830 square foot condo. HOA fees include basic cable, water/sewer. The communities with a swimming pool have higher HOA fees due to liability cost.
Feel free to contact me or my assistant, Ellen, at 205-427-7333. I specialize in condo sales. I have more condo sales and transactions than any other agent in the Birmingham metro area.
I used to ask the same question until I realized most home owners pay huge insurance bills. The HOA includes the isurance and your average is 250 a year for the interior instead of 1500 a year. Also try to find one that includes cable, water, sewer, etc....That also off sets the dues. I stayed away from the dues at first until I averaged the monthly bills it included. You almost come out ahead. Good luck. I hope this helped. The range is anywhere from 250 up depending on your size unit and number of parking spaces reserved for you and the building perks such as weight room, pool, gated, etc.....
I live in Bristol SS with this exact floor plan and pay $215/mo in association fees. Fees are based off of square footage, so each unit type will differ. We have not put ours on the market yet, but will soon. Let me know if you would like to view - jeremygarrett08@gmail.com. Thanks.
Hi Jeremy,
I noticed you are from Orange Beach. I currently have a home on the market in Gulf Shores and am looking at Bristol. How soon are you moving and what size unit do you have? Also are you going back to the Orange Beach area and in need of a home. Thank You.
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
Adam is correct and an excellent source of information about that part of town.
Based on your criteria and what's currently on the market at this time, you're going to be looking from $115.00 - $535.00 per month. Unless you have cash, keep in mind when you speak with your lender you will have to qualify for whatever your mortgage payment is, in addition to the monthly association dues.

If I can be of any assistance in your search, I'd be happy to be of service. Feel free to contact me with any questions. 205-461-2370 or adamcox92@gmail.com