Howzed, Home Buyer in 44115

I plan on join the Air Force in January. How long do I have to serve to qualify for FHA or other loans?

Asked by Howzed, 44115 Sat Nov 3, 2012

I plan on joining the AirForce in January for more security. How long do I have to serve in the AirForce ( military) to qualify for FHA loan for Multi- Family House?

Answers

1
An FHA loan has nothing to do with being a Veteran:
What you should be concerned about is a VA loan.
The VA picks-and-chooses the eligibity of the Veterans for their loans; maybe serving now will qualify you, and maybe not. It is the same with Medals, and Medical Benefits.
All those who served in Vietnam are now qualified, but there have been a bunch of skip periods since then.
What you can do, to get ready, it to join the Navy Federal Credit Union; you will probably see info about it, when you get to your duty station.
You can also look into the GI Bill for education, and you can take ASAFI courses while you are in.

You are taking an honorable step toward one of the greatest fraternities in America; being a Veteran, and you should be proud.
The BENEFITS will come; just concentrate on one day at time right now.
Thanks for Serving
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012