Home Buying in New Braunfels>Question Details

Inspireme, Home Buyer in New Braunfels, TX

I own residential home rental properties within walking distance from Comal River. Is it more profitable to turn them into vacation rentals?

Asked by Inspireme, New Braunfels, TX Sun Dec 23, 2012

Answers

4
New Braunfels has put a ban on establishing new Vacation Rentals in Residential Neighborhoods in New Braunfels. Your homes could be a rental, but not vacation rental. The reason for their decision is the noise caused by vacationers who stay up partying too late in Residential Neighborhoods
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
It's possible that their highest and best use could be vacation rentals. However, you'd have to look at your zoning to see if it allows for vacation rentals. If you'd like me to look that up for you, just shoot me an email with the addresses and I'd be happy to look in to it for you. Once we determine that your zoning is ok, then we can get you with a Resort Rental Specialist to run some comps for you to see how much you could possibly get in income. Hope that helps!

Have a great New Year!
Aja
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Dec 26, 2012
i bet you are on to something. do you sleep in the beds too?
Yes it is! I manage over 40 vacation homes from Canyon Lake to Lake Placid. The tricky part is the zoning in the downtown area by the Comal. I would be happy to talk to you about your homes and work with on short or long term rentals! Susan Phillips, A1 Vacation New Braunfels. 210 710-0583