Morgan, Both Buyer and Seller in Santa Rosa, CA

I own an oceanview 5acre parcel in Molokai(F&C) I would like to trade for a house in Oakmont? Any ideas how I could fine someone interested?

Asked by Morgan, Santa Rosa, CA Sun Nov 22, 2009

I thought this might be a great option for someone who wishes to build in Hawaii and escape the rat race. Maybe good for estate properties where the children are not interested in Oakmont?

Answers

3
Hi Morgan,

What a fun idea! As a starting point, have you had your property appraised recently? Or do you have a good idea of it's current market value? If you have a good idea of the value, then anyone interested in trading would know exactly what they are getting and know if it was a good trade.

Then from there, it depends on if want to involve a real estate agent or do this on your own. If you want to try it alone, you could post ads on Craigslist and probably various for sale by owner sites. If you wanted to employ an agent to help you, then flyers could be sent to all homeowners in Oakmont, posted at their community center, and on the Internet. It sounds like a fun project overall.

I also have a family member who is an experienced real estate agent in Hawaii and he might be able to help with an estimate of value and photos and all that. If you would like some help or more information, feel free to call or email me and I'm happy to help in anyway I can. Thanks for your question and best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.AgentDoyle.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 22, 2009
Please call me at 707-328-1889, I may have someone that would be able to trade their home in Oakmont for your lot in Molokai. Let's talk.
David Poulsen
Call McBride Real Estate in Oakmont. Their office is at Oakmont and they do many deal s there.

(707) 538-2270
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 15, 2013