Home Buying in 46394>Question Details

 John, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL

I own a house with an adjoining vacant lot in Whiting, Ind. How do I get a separate tax # for the v lot?

Asked by John, Chicago, IL Tue Jun 9, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


good morning.....is sugest the following........first, have someone from the township or county where your home is out to view your property....show them what you want to do and ask them what lot size or restrictions they have....also, what is the min. building lot size....you want to make it marketable if you decide to sell.......once you have established a size and where you would like the lot lines........give the complete legal discription to a land suvey co......and explain to them what you want them to do......they can re-write the legal discription for you to submit to the township or county for the change...they can also post stakes (for an additional charge) ....lastly..if your property is encumbered by a mortgage......don't forget, the entire parcel will still show the lien even if you re-write it.........the only way to free-up the divided property would be to refinance it using the new smaller legal discription.....i hope that helps......bob mcclure- success mortgage partners- plymouth, michigan.....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 10, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Indiana > Lake County > Whiting > 46394 > Home Buying in 46394 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer