Home Buying in Queens>Question Details

leesharyn, Home Buyer in 11365

I offered the seller a price and its being agreed, (the agent had me signed the sales agreement much earlier)

Asked by leesharyn, 11365 Mon Dec 10, 2012

Kindly enlighten me on the various step to be taken from here onwards. Thank you so much for your attention and time : )

Answers

5
Lee-

Sounds like you made and offer, persented it, negotiated and it was agreed. ( tell me if I am wrong)

These are steps in making an offer. Look at the house, prepare and sign the offer and present it.
Once accepted, the attorney will correct and soldify the contract and you will do your inspections, negotiate that if necessary and at the same time you should be working woith your mortgage person to proceed with the mortgage process.

Hopefully by this time your attorney has the offer and is working on your behalf to complete the transaction!

Please tell us where you are in the transaction and maybe we can get some better answers, other than the gibberish that proceeded this post.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 18, 2012
In Real Estate it is what is in wroting and what has been signed that counts. An offer should have been made in writing and signed by you. If the seller agrees to it, they would then sign your offer making it a contract. What happens next in most cases is you complete your inspection and apply for your mortgage, Your agent should be reviewing this pricess with you so you know what to expect.
Leesharyn why aren't you asking this question to the agent you are working with. If your offer is not accepted you might want to consider either working with a buyers agent or at least with an agent that will explain the process to you; you don't sign and ask questions afterwards....could be costly to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
The real estate agent involved in this transaction should answer your questions and guide you through the process.
Keep in mind, the seller's agent is protecting the sellers' best interests.
An agent of your own would have been working to protect your best interests...
Your agent and attorney should be the ones doing the enlightning, therefore do consider a consultation; don't simply rely on online information since none of us are involved in the transaction....