Home Buying in Bozeman>Question Details

Hans, Home Buyer in Wyoming

I offered 15% less than asking price on a REO that has been vacant for 500 days, they refused to even

Asked by Hans, Wyoming Mon Feb 25, 2008

counter. I had two approval letters. Is the BAC deal slowing the process or do they think the market will turn?

Answers

1
Did your REALTOR make the homework?? I mean looking for sold comparables in the same neighborhood before making an offer...It's very important to know how much houses are selling in the same place, because that could be the case for the none response. Some times sellers get offended if there is no point for the lower offer, or even a by phone negotiation from REALTOR to REALTOR, least showing some respect to the other party.
That is the way I work , I know it is buyer's market, but I believe that proving a point and showing a respectful interest for the property counts more then 1000 words.
Call me if you need more help,
Luci Edwards
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008