Home Buying in Wyckoff>Question Details

Jason, Home Buyer in Ridgewood, NJ

I noticed the high school in Wyckoff is Rampao/Indian Hills. Is this two High Schools?

Asked by Jason, Ridgewood, NJ Sun Dec 1, 2013

If I'm a Wyckoff resident which school does my child attend? I believe this school(s) is shared between FL, Oakland and Wyckoff.

Answers

6
Everyone here is correct that your child has the choice between two fine High Schools in Ramapo and Indian Hills. The problem if you want to consider this a problem is one of choice. Which fine high school does one choose?

The best answer that I can provide is that it is up to the individual. Just like choosing the home that you wish to buy, one person may like one style and another likes another style. Your child should go and visit both schools and interview them. You may hear that Ramapo continues to dominate with Sports, this might be true. I also hear that Indian Hills has a fantastic science program.

The best advice is to go to visit both schools.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

John Westrich
Sales Associate
Terrie O'Connor Realtors
862-432-9555
Yes. My niece is in 10th grade at Ramapo H.S. She had the choice to either go to Indian Hills or Ramapo- she chose Ramapo.
Yes, as others have said, you have the option. Most kids from Wyckoff go to Ramapo but you do have the option. The districts changed years ago, a few years I got out of H.S. The elementary schools go by where you are in the town. If you need any help choosing an area of town or if you want to go see some home, let me know. Good Luck in your search.

Mark Morse
Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
Yes, they are two high schools in one district. Indian Hills is located in Oakland and Ramapo is located in Franklin Lakes. Students are comprised from Oakland, Wyckoff and Franklin Lakes. It is one school district similar to another Bergen County school district, Northern Valley Regional which has two high schools one in Demarest and one in Old Tappan. The district has changed its policy from years ago when students from Oakland would be divided between Indian Hills and Ramapo depending where they lived. You should verify the current policy when you buy a home that Wyckoff students in the district can choose which high school of the two they choose to attend. Often people decide based on what is closest to their home.Statistically, Ramapo has a history of having higher student test scores and ratings but things can change. I have heard that families really like Indian Hills and it is also an excellent high school.
Please let me know if you are still searching for a home. I recently closed on a house with first time buyers in Wyckoff who shared their very positive buying experience with me in Trulia. I am extremely knowledgeable about real estate and everything relevant to a community including schools!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Yes, you are correct. Those who live in the towns of Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff and Oakland can choose between Ramapo High School in Wyckoff and Indian Hills High School in Oakland. Both are very well-ranked schools.

If I can help in your real estate search in any way, please give me a call!

Barbara Ostroth
Coldwell Banker RE
201-262-6600 x144 office
201-965-3105 cell
http://www.BarbaraOstroth.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013
Your child will have the option to attend Ramapo or Indian Hills High School.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 1, 2013