Home Buying in Tucson>Question Details

Rafael Montes…, Home Buyer in Whittier, CA

I noticed that home prices in tucson are very similar to the prices in los angeles california, high.

Asked by Rafael Montes De Oca, Whittier, CA Sat Dec 21, 2013

Answers

9
According to the Tucson Association of Realtors, November home statistics: The Average Sales Price for November of $191,763 is a 0.35% decrease from October’s $192,433.
 Average List Price for November, $197,805, has decreased 0.87% from October’s $199,540, but is an increase of 4.83% from November 2012’s Average List Price of $188,700.

So, can you get an average home in LA for under $200,000???
We also have a number of million dollar plus homes here, they usually don't sell as quickly as the average home... But boy, are they nice!

This information is not intended to be an indication of loan qualification, loan approval or commitment to lend. Other limitations may apply.
http://www.GoodMortgageInTucson.com
Minette Goldsmith, your Tucson Mortgage Loan Officer-Fairway Independent Mortgage Corp. 5401 N. Oracle Road Tucson AZ 85704
520 975-3909
L.O. NMLS# 261487 AZ L.O. License #0912618, FIMC # 2289, AZ BK #0904162 Equal Housing Lender
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 27, 2013
Tucson is typically known across the nation as one of the most affordable places to live. While there is a large number of high end properties in the upper price band, most of our market is quite affordable compared to the national average. Id be happy to give you additional insight into our market.
Hi Rafael,

Thank you for using Trulia to get your questions answered. I am sure that areas of LA are similar to pricing in Tucson but the important thing when looking in any area is to obtain the help of an agent who is going to help you determine the price and area you are comfortable in. If you would like any help, please call 520-241-2427. Have a very Happy Holiday!!
Hi Rafael,
One thing that is very different in Tucson than California is that you can get more for your money. If you are looking for an Agent to assist you in your home buying search, I'd jump at the opportunity. Please visit my website for more information (look for the Housing market report - on specific areas of Tucson) at kwoodward.longrealty.com or give me a call at 520-918-4844.
All the best to you!
Karmen Woodward
Long Realty Co.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
It is true that as the market recovers that home prices will continue to rise. In addition, Tucson is currently tipping into a sellers market depending on price and location. As the market continues to recover there are going be some home owners that will price their homes above market price. These homes may be what you are referring to. However, this market strategy will mean that the home will be on the market longer and the owners will end up reducing the price to sell or the home may not sell. All that being said, there are still many homes priced reasonably and priced to sell quickly. I am working with clients from southern California and they are amazed at how reasonable the home prices are here in Tucson. Contact me and I will help you find a home that is right for you.

Roy Sandberg
Long Realty
520-918-2413
Rafael,

What price point are you shopping in? The market in LA and Tucson are certainly not comparable for what you get for your dollar. I am wondering if you are describing a correlation between properties that are actually comparable with one another. If you are, you will find Tucson to be very, very affordable. The only exception may be in the luxury market, where prices vary widely depending on customization and location. People pay for desert beauty and privacy here.

Key is knowing the neighborhoods to look in for what you want to achieve in a home.

I am happy to help - if you are comparing both locations, just give me a call for some accurate information.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-730-5540
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 21, 2013
Opinions vary. Tucson was named best place to buy an investment property by Forbes magazine in 2012. I work the Tucson housing market & don't work any of the other markets you are comparing Tucson too, I understand each market is different and wouldn't compare a property in Tucson to one located in Los Angeles.
I have rarely if ever heard Tucson home prices described as "high", with the possible exception of our bubble several years ago. And I have certainly never heard the Tucson market compared to LA, or anywhere in California for that matter. They are totally different places and different markets. What is the basis for your statement ??
Tucson prices don't really follow California prices at all. Tucson is one of the Top 10 places to live and one of the big reasons is housing affordability. Our average home price is around $160K and is much larger than a lot of California homes. IN LA, what kind of a house and what kind of a neighborhood would a $160K house be in??? We visit there all the time and look at homes and none are in that price range. Let us know if you want to see what Tucson prices are really like.