Home Buying in Oldsmar>Question Details

Beachlover, Home Buyer in Oldsmar, FL

I noticed a mobile home is gull aire village which stated the monthly fee is only $30.00 That sounds low, I as wondering if I am missing something

Asked by Beachlover, Oldsmar, FL Tue Jan 17, 2012

I was also wondering if Oldsmar requires flood insurance. Specifically Gull aire village

Answers

4
Well you are correct. Gull Aire Village has, in fact, lowered its monthly fees to $30 within the last two years as the community is run very efficiently & maintained in outstanding condition that keeps property values. There is no other maintenance fees! I should know as I have lived there for ten years.
That fee is just to maintain the common areas, pool, clubhouse, shuffleboard. Each homeowner takes care of their own property as it is fee simple ownership, just like a house and they are responsible for any maintenance, upkeep, etc. Yes all of Oldsmar is in a flood zone but depending on which part of the community you live in, the insurance fee might be less as part of the community is directly on the canal whereas others are on the higher areas. It is a 55+ community and one pet per household allowed regardless of weight.
what about the water,sewer and trash pick up, is there a separate bill for that, or is that also included with the $30, i looked at there news letter and didn't see any advertisement for lawn care service. most place's have a fee for all of the above, can't seem to find any info on G/A/V can you help with theses questions please.
Flag Sat Jan 12, 2013
Oh and this community is for those 55 and older...
Here's the flood map to lookup any property:

https://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeVi…

If you're borrowing money to buy your property and it is in a flood zone (per the FEMA map above) then your lender will most likely require it to protect their investment. If you want to take the risk and will not have a mortgage, it's up to you whether or not you should pay for flood insurance.

Looks like the HOA is only $40/mo or possibly less... If you have a Realtor helping you they can track down the exact details/fees/etc. Or you can stop by the community to see if they can help.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee PA
Furture Home Realty
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
Looking at listings in the local MLS for Gull Aire Village shows a variety of HOA fee's, $30 and up, but many at that amount. Some of the listings also show a Monthly Maintenance fee which is in addition to the HOA. I would think in that type of community that there is an HOA fee and maintenance fee on all of the properties and some agents have not included the amounts in their listings.
No everyones fee is 30.00 and that's all. I have been here seven years and it is a great park to be in.
Flag Sat Feb 16, 2013