clynch4430, Other/Just Looking in Oak Island, NC

I notice there are plenty of older homes on OKI and some need a lot of updating. Is there a local lender who is good to work with on these homes?

Asked by clynch4430, Oak Island, NC Tue Oct 2, 2012

Answers

7
If it isn't a mobile home and you are looking to secure a conventional loan, as long as the home appraises for what you are paying for the home, or higher, many local lenders can be very helpful. Age is not a factor for the home..or the buyer for that matter.
Please feel free to call with other questions...
Thanks for this one.
You can get financing on most houses (not mobile homes) on the island. The one variable on that will be if a house that is located on the oceanfront is on a non-rebuildable lot. In that case you can no longer get financing on those.
I can find out if a specific oceanfront property is rebuldable if you call or email me and give me the address.
Thanks, Lynda
Dear clynch4430,

There are a number of lenders that have programs available for such, provided the borrower qualifies. Just don't consider oceanfront in the mix. Most all lenders will not loan on an oceanfront home.
Thank you for your feedback!
Sorry.....you said LENDER!.... Alpha Mortgage is one...Prime Lending another. Much prefer either of these over the banks eg. Bank of America BB&T, Wells Fargo...
There are several good agents on the island. Pick one who lives there.

I've owned a home on the island since 1996 and lived here full time since 2003.
Call, email or text me any time

Neva Cardwell, Broker
Coldwell Banker
6101 E Oak Island Drive
Oak Island NC 28465
910-448--0189
nevacardwell@seacoastrealty.com
There are several local lenders. BB&T is one of them. What type of laon are you looking to get?
*loan* :)
Flag Tue Oct 2, 2012