Home Buying in Louisa>Question Details

b_huber@sbcg…, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I notice that dimensions of rooms are not listed...and building materials seem a bit low grade..Is this normal for this area of Va?

Asked by b_huber@sbcglobal.net, San Diego, CA Fri Jan 17, 2014

Answers

1
The question in regard to the home listed at 432 Twin Oaks Lane is easy to respond; however to further assist you with considering purchasing in the Charlottesville Virginia area; that will take more communication. Call me at 434-9+81-8730.

I would be more then happy to assist you with painting the picture of our area; and see if it's something that would be conducive to your family or lifestyle.

This home in particular is constructed in a part of the county of Fluvanna that is more rural. The quality of the construction materials is actually very high end (almost too high end for the retained value from this original owner- makes it a Steal for the next homeowner!).
Specific pieces were brought from custom designers; and the structure is triple secure quality materials. Literally; you could roll a bull dosser over the floors and not see or feel a single creek, or budge!
The external porch rails appear not as fancy as what you may be expecting; however that is not where the bulk of the money and value are located.

I am genuinely curious as to why you feel the materials are low grade; and that will assist me with answering your questions or concerns more accurately.

For example...
IF you could take this EXACT home; pick it up and drop it on a 1/4 acre lot in the "Meadowbrook Heights" neighborhood of Charlottesville; it would (as is) be valued at around $850,000.00 and would have to be on a lot that is LESS then 1/2 acre.
The Charlottesville area is traditionally followed by the Northern Virginia Housing market. The last 2 years we are experiencing MUCH BETTER statistics then Northern Va. This Charlottesville area is full of HIGH price residential based on location. IF you go outside of the 15 mile zone from Charlottesville (Louisa, Fluvanna, Greene, Orange, Scottesville, Madison, etc)...you get 10 acres and a 1/2 million dollar home for less then $450k! There are properties that are 3-5,000 square feet that are just as affordable where in the city you can spend 1million for a 2 bedroom Downtown condo. It's just the demand for location and lot size.

Hope this helps and look forward to answering any specifics you may have!

FYI- The owners are considering a price reduction to draw attention; keep posted in the next week if they decide to reduce!