Home Buying in Lawrence>Question Details

Jason De Mar…, Home Buyer in

I need to sell my townhouse in Cecil, PA. Listed FSBO.

Asked by Jason De Maria, Mon Aug 27, 2012

I am not in a position to pay realtors fee, but I can pay them something if they bring me a guyer. Does anyone have any suggestions? Check out the Listing on http://www.10realty.com. Listing # 14588

Answers

5
I understand that you are not in the position to pay a realtor's fee, but most buyer's these days do not want to work without an agent for their protection as they do not have pay for this service. Unless you are willing to pay a realtor a fee for bringing you a buyer, not many realtors are going to be showing their potential buyers your home as they will lose out on their commission. I would recommend mentioning that you will provide a commission in your advertising if you are sure you want to take the FSBO route. I just quickly pulled 3 bedroom/3.5 bath sold comps in the past 6 months in Georgetown Estates and I can tell you your house is currently listed 10k over what any of the sold listings went for. I know it's a hard pill to swallow and something you never want to hear, but I feel like if you advertised your home at 159k you would have more traffic and a quicker sale.
if it was listed for 9 months with an agent, it could be not enough exposure on other websites or it is overpriced. i know it's not you want to hear, but it usually is the case.... if the other homes are sitting also, then there is a good indication this may be the reason. an agent can do a comparasion market analysis which should give you a better idea of recent comp's that have sold.
We had it listed with an adgent for 9 months, and no offers came. It is listed at the same price as 3 other homes in the neighborhood and we have a finished basement.....they all do not.....HELP!
Jason,

I could not agree more with what Scott had to say. Your home is not getting enough publicity. Home buyers these days rely heavily on the internet to look for their next home. If your home is not being published on Zillow.com, Trulia.com, or REALTOR.com then you are not hitting your target market. Often times FSBO listings are only seen by people that are driving through your neighborhood or through word of mouth of neighbors. You are missing so many potential clients by choosing to sale your home yourself. I know that some people do not like the idea of paying someone to sell their home, but enlisting the help of an agent usually will pay for itself. An agent is able to get you the exposure that your home requires allowing for a quicker sale and at a much higher dollar. You should consider talking with a real estate agent about listing your home. You will not regret it. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss the possibility of listing your house with an agent.
The problem is most buyer broker may not ever see your listing when you list as a fsbo. you would be better off choosing a local and well experiienced listing agent. They will be able to provide more exposure for that fee you are willing to pay buyer brokers and should be able to sell it faster and at a better price more than covering their fee. Many agents will not show fsbo's as they are too difficult to work with especially in markets that have a lot of other listings to show thier buyers to.