Home Buying in Billerica>Question Details

socorrovalle…, Home Owner in Billerica, MA

I need to know how to refinance my house with my ITIN number. I had paid my house for 10 yrs with a high interest.

Asked by socorrovallejos, Billerica, MA Thu Dec 20, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Heath Coker’s answer
If you don't have a mortgage broker yet, Bob Tranchell is another one to talk to.
He is a reverse specialist and also does regular refinances.

Bob Tranchell (508) 367-5731 cell 800-497-5235 Office

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
I have a lot of experience with this since I have had clients in the past with ITIN#'s and they have obtained a mortgage. The problem now is those mortgages are pretty much gone since the revamp of the mortgage industry. You may find a hard lender (meaning a local invester but again not so easy to find) I have yet to find a lender that can do them without anything else. Sure they promise that they can help. They make you jump through hoops getting all this info only to throw your situation at the lender board and see if something sticks. The best answer I can give you is to go to your current lender. They have your file/info already. They also already hold your mortgage and may be able to help depending on your mortgage history, credit, home appraisal and so on. If you have a good credit history, good payment history, and house has gained in value not lost value.. And your current bank can't help.. Then odds are that most others can't either. The only other advice I can offer would be to go to the governors website and find the Mass Housing link.. They may have a solution as well. The reason for this is there were a number of immigrants that bought homes under predatory lending. They became stuck to a point that lenders were actually prosecuted. They may have a solution as they may have experience with people such as yourself that want to refinance due to high rates. Good Luck!

If you find you need help navigating this, please feel free to contact me and ill see if I can get you some numbers to get you started from the Governors office.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
That is definitely a question for a mortgage person. If you have an account at a bank, they certainly can help you with that. There are also mortgage companies that can answer that as well. (1) Here is a mortgage person at a mortgage company http://www.tompopson.com/ (2) Here is a mortgage person at a local bank if you don't have one https://www.stonehambank.com/meet_the_lenders/ ( personally know Jeff Wright)

Hope that helps - certainly with the current rates it makes sense to refinance if you qualify.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
You should start by meeting with a local and trusted loan officer who can prequailify you at no cost, you will have to show income and a credit history for your itin if you are going to get a loan under it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
I can certainly help you with no cost review of your situation. Please check http://www.LendWithScott.com for more contact information and even an easy online application.

Scott McCauley
Regency Mortgage Corp
Nmls #174108
Licensed Mortgage Planner
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 20, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer