Home Buying in Fairfield>Question Details

Movinback, Real Estate Pro in Fairfield, CT

I need to get prequalified for a mortgage for a home in fairfield county, ct.

Asked by Movinback, Fairfield, CT Sat May 9, 2009

Which brokers / companies specialize in the super jumbo market here or is it totally dead?

Answers

5
Julie Vanderblue’s answer
Hi "Movinback"....I work with several brokers who I know can help you...would like to chat with you about what your needs are and the style you prefer before blindly offering names & numbers. Local representation is key and makes such a difference in securing a home and getting an offer accepted...especially in these times when there are so many short sale opportunities. Qualification for super jumbo, new rules re; HVCC & appraising,.etc... will be discussed but to answer your question...no, it is not totally dead...Many high end homes have bindered or gone to pending status in the past few weeks...I know I do not have to tell you that the rates are low, prices down and inventory high...this could very well be considered the perfect storm. Call me on my cell at 203-257-6994 or visit my site at http://www.vanderblue.com
I wish you the very best wherever you end up...look forward to seeing you around Fairfield County!
all the best, Julie
Web Reference: http://www.vanderblue.com
Hi Movinback,

I have access to one of the best lenders when it comes to super jumbo. They only lend in a couple of states, and CT is one of their states. If you want to contact me, i would be more than happy to run some numbers for you. Give me a call or shoot me an emial. Looking forward to your response.

Danny Castagna
Mortgage Specialist
EMM Loans
800-793-9633 x 185
dcastagna@emmloans.com
Web Reference: http://www.emmloans.com
Hello. Super Jumbo financing is still available, it is just harder to obtain and more expensive. You need to speak with a Mortgage Consultant who is very knowledgeable in this area and has several sources of financing to be able to offer you the best programs and interest rates available. When you contact a mortgage professional, make sure you explain exactly what you are trying to do, give accurate answers to their questions, and don't be afraid to probe them for questions. This is a very big investment and you should be very comfortable with the process as you proceed. Get any estimates/quotes in writing and examine all fees for the specific loan program you are interested in. You should request a "Good Faith Estimate" and a "Truth in Lending" form from them. These will list the interest rate you are being quoted, the costs to close the loan, and the annual percentage rate. With this information you can compare that program to other programs and companies. Good luck with your fianancing!
I am an agent specializing in Fairfield County. Here are 2 mortgagebroker email contacts.
Penn@stamfordmortgage.com or AndrewStone@cthm.com. Both well informed.
Good Luck,

Candace Lipira
CandaceLipira@prudentialct.com
203-544-9786
The super jumbo market is alive and well, but down payment and credit requirements are more challenging. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your options and get prequalified.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 9, 2009