Stephanie, Home Buyer in Worcester, MA

I need to compare a listing I like!

Asked by Stephanie, Worcester, MA Mon Apr 21, 2008

I am looking for comparables in the 01602 area code for duplex and single family homes, around the 2 bed, 1 bath range. Does anyone know how I can look that up? I'm trying to decide how a listing I like stacks up against other prices for comps. in the area. Can someone help me? Thanks!

Answers

4
Hello Stephanie, People,

I'm Jorge Nunez a Realtor from Jacksonville, Florida. Often that is an awesome task even for experience Realtors and\or Appraisers and it gets even stickier when they are no true comparables forcing you to work the minuses and pluses in order to get values. Not understanding this fully is how many people end’s up in foreclosure. Respectfully I would like to suggest that you hire a Realtor, not a sales agent, a Realtor and have them show you step by step how they arrived at that price. Check out how well priced my properties in Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico are.
If you are a do-it-yourself type and don't want to be lured into calling an agent just try Zillow.com ...Type in the exact address for the property and it should pull up a calculated value of the property and will also tell you what sold data was used to get that number ... Their goal is to automate one of the agents steps in the buying process, comparative market analysis. Obviously there are always pit falls with automated services so i wouldn't hang your hat on their numbers, however, if you are interested in doing some stuff on your own that would be a great place to start. Also you can look up tax records - which will show you sold prices - for addresses in the surrounding area and then try and make a guess-timate (might take you longer).

I did a quick look and in the last 6 months 10 single families have sold in that area code with 2 beds/1bath and the average price per square foot on those was $178

Hi Stephanie, our office has a great website you can use for searching properties online, and it allows you to set up a Saved search that can send you properties that match your criteria on a daily basis. Plus, there is a Portfolio section where you can put in properties and watch their status and any price changes. Just go to: http://www.prudentialproperties.com and you can put in my name for a reference and if you do find something that you want to see further, I can help you set up an appointment to see it. Hope this helps. Angela Dolber, realtor - angela@pruprimehomes.com
Send me a personal email to Belinda@nextlevelrealty.com with all the criteria that you are looking for. I will help you out.