Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Rebekka, Home Buyer in Arizona

I need to buy a place by June 2013. Obtaining mortage is the problem!

Asked by Rebekka, Arizona Sun Feb 10, 2013

I have been clearing up credit for past year. Everything is paid in full and i have been working with a recommended credit repair company. Still can't credit profile updated and cleared. Is there anyway to purchase a home? I have a good income, hardly any credit obligations.

Answers

8
David Siegel’s answer
tim Moore is right. there is no magic pill. you'll need proof of income that meets underwriting guidelines. credit report must satisfy lending guidelines. adequate cash that is seasoned for downpayment and closing costs
a lendor will conduct an interview with you and make a determination
Hi Rebekka,

I don't understand what the credit repair company is actually doing for you if you paid everything off and they still can't get those negative lines off your credit report.

With all the recent bad press about the credit reporting agencies negligent errors, you should be able to raise hell and get things removed.

Please feel free to contact Edward Dubinsky at Absolute Home Loans. They are a direct lender and can usually work with most Buyers to get you in shape to be mortgage approveable within 3-6 months. He can be reached at 215-808-5353, edubinsky@ahmcloans.com.

Good Luck with your mortgage pre-approval. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you in finding a home or you have any other real estate related questions. My phone is always on.

Have a great weekend.

Larry Lichtman, CNE
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell/Text: (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com

DJCRE, Inc.
Real Estate Sales & Leasing
Property Management & Insurance
1611 Snyder Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Office: (215) 271-7070
http://www.DJCRE.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
You may be wasting your money with a credit repair company. Credit scores are based on you paying on time and having a balance at least half pof what your credit limit is. There is no magic or secret anyone can work other than you paying on time and keep your balances low. Do not close accounts and do not apply for new ones. Lastly you can run your own report through annualcreditreport.com and dispute anything that is incorrect. Save your money instead of wasting it on credit rapair that is free if you do it yourself.
Rebekkah,

Tim is right! You need a lender who you trust to guide you through the process. If there are things you need to work on before fully qualifying, you need to get started right away!

I would be happy to recommend a few amazing lenders to you to get the ball rolling if you do not already have someone in mind. The criteria you need to meet differs from lender to lender and all loan programs are different. A good lender will find the right fit for you and not try to shoehorn you into something that doesn't work for your situation.

There also might be some special programs depending on where you are looking to buy that you could tap into.

I would love to help you out in any way that I can.

Warmest regards,

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred – Conshohocken

Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894
Email: jstein@cbpref.com
Web: http://www.joshuasteinhomes.com

PA License #RS317975
Hi Rebekka, My financial lender is absolutely willing to work with you so that we can have you buying a house by June. Feel free to email me and I will give you his information.

Jon Unrath
JUnrath12@comcast.net
Weichert Realtors Media
267 968 1505
Thank you Jon. I will email you tomorrow. If you are interested, I am not yet working with a realtor.
Flag Tue Feb 12, 2013
I agree with Leslie. If you want a mortgage a good lender holds the keys for you. I work with several too, who won't just evaluate you by your score but by the content of your credit report.

Maurice Rollins
Mercury Real Estate Group
(267) 325-1799
http://www.philadelphiadreamhomes.com
Hello Rebekka,

I am a Realtor in the state of Pa. and have worked with many lenders. You need a good lender who will take the time to really look into your credit and give you some suggestions as to what you ned to do. I can recommend someone to you who may be able to help. Please contact me at 215-694-9169 and I can pass his information on to you. He has helped many of my past clients, and I am sure that he will be upfront with you. My e-mail is leslie.russell2@comcast.net.

Thank you..
Don't waste your time asking us, you need to be asking lenders that can research you and your credit. Go see several and ask.