Home Buying in Evergreen>Question Details

Voni Snapp S…, Home Buyer in Denver West, Lakewood,...

I need help with homeowners insurance!

Asked by Voni Snapp Sebile, Denver West, Lakewood, CO Wed Feb 13, 2013

We went under contract on Tuesday. Today I called a broker to get quotes for insurance and was told that nothing was available due to the high risk of wildfires. I then went to Geico and tried to get a quote online. Again it said No Go due to wildfire risk. Any recommendations for a local agent?? Won't buy the house without insurance :(

Answers

4
If you are buying a home with a mortgage you must have homeowners insurance. Interesting question in regards to the recent events with wild fires. The insurance industry is going through changes and everything is in a state of flux. I would talk to an experienced agent that chan give you good advice and options. My best insurance agent is Linda Martin at Farmers Insurance - 303-252-9373

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Try Rick Mann with American Family Insurance
I'll give a shout out for Don Alvarado with American Family in Bergen Park. He came to my rescue a few years ago in a similar situation. 303-670-2779. It is dry this winter, but maybe the insurance underwriters haven't heard we've had snowfall three out of the last five days.
This isn't terribly uncommon in the mountain towns now days. In fact , sometimes even carriers that have previously insured homes here in Evergreen have stopped! However, in a few recent cases when a carrier has declined at the last second:

Paula at
BW INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
Phone: 303-674-5501
paula.ramsaier@bankofthewest.com

Has come through fast, accurately and with extremely competitive rates. Give her a call! Good luck.
Glad to hear it! Best of luck and welcome to Evergreen.
Flag Thu Feb 14, 2013
Thank you. I was able to find a quote online from a local agent. I'll also try your recommedation tomorrow.
Flag Wed Feb 13, 2013