Home Buying in Waldorf>Question Details

Tanya, Home Buyer in Waldorf, MD

I need help with $14,000 closing cost, are there any programs available?

Asked by Tanya, Waldorf, MD Mon Oct 29, 2012

I am buying a new home in Waldorf, Md and I need $14,000 in closing cost by the end of December, are there any programs out there that can help with closing cost? I am not a first time home buyer.

Answers

6
If it's not to late contact Tina:CONTINENTAL MORTGAGE AND INVESTMENTS
703-522-2200 x3206
http://www.cmicloan.com
Contact: Tina Bartley
tbartley@cmicloan.com
http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do

This is the USDA eligibility website. USDA is approved based on your family size's income and the location of the home. I recommend you working with a lender to determine final approval but it's a pretty easy site to look around. You can also as Realtors suggested ask the seller to pay closing costs but it's different with new construction. Do you have a Realtor on your side?

You can also raise the rate slightly and have the lender pay some or all of the closing costs.
Hope this was helpful and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407
Akil,

City lift is only PG and DC as far as I know. Did Charles get added? We are one of the lenders in the program but I haven't used it yet.
Hi Tanya, do you already have a Realtor, and Lender ? Are you under contract already ?

Please feel free to contact me to discuss in more detail.
Hi Tony, no I don't have a realtor, yes I have a lender, yes I am under contract. The house will be completed by the end of December.
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012
Hi Tanya,

Market conditions are such that you might be able to negotiate that the seller pay that for you as long as it doesn't conflict with your lenders closing help caps.
Hi Tanya,

John is right you can obtain a USDA loan or there is a program called City Lift they are offering up to $20,000 in closing assistance.

Hi Akil, what a surprise, this is Tanya your cousin Ebuny Shelton's mother. Thanks for the information.
Flag Mon Oct 29, 2012