Home Buying in East Hartford>Question Details

Katherine Kn…, Renter in Manchester, CT

I need help fixing my credit so that I can buy a home. I have come a long way but I need assistance to bring my credit score up. Can anyone help?

Asked by Katherine Knight, Manchester, CT Wed Jul 25, 2012

Answers

5
One of your best options is to work with a mortgage loan officer who can help you determine which items on your credit report will yield the biggest increases in scoring once they are addressed. Of course, not every loan officer is willing to work with you on a long term basis to get you "credit-ready". I can refer you to a couple of them who will, or if you already have a copy of your credit report, I would be happy to meet with you to review it and get you started in the right direction. Just give me a call at 860-688-1400 x 24. Good luck Katherine..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 31, 2012
Hi Katherine, I commend you for working on your credit in preparation for buying a home. That tells me you're a planner and serious about buying. Yes, help is available for someone in your situation. The Urban League of Greater Hartford has homebuyer ed classes that provide information for first time home buyers. It covers credit repair for folks who need that kind of assistance. I believe CRT has a similar program and they also help with saving for a down payment. They actually add funds to your down payment account as you progress through the program if you're diligent in adding funds of your own. There are also mortgage loan people who will work with you to bring up your credit score, as Donna says. I work with a gentleman in Windsor who has done that very successfully for a couple of my clients. I would happily refer you to him if you give me a call. I would have other suggestions as well.
Hi Katherine, I have a mortgage officer I work with that will look at your credit and tell you step by step what you should do to repair and strengthen you credit - you can reach me here or email me donna@annemillerrealestate.com -- Thank you
I always refer my friends, family clients to Clark Howard. Who is he, you may ask. He is a Consumer Advocate who has a syndicated radio show on 1080 WTIc. I attached a link I found on how to fix your credit score.
Hi Katherine, please give me a call so we can talk about your situation, and I can give you the name of a great guy that may be able to help you. My number is 860-805-0544. :)
JoAnn