Home Buying in 89129>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in Las Vegas, NV

I need help finding out my rights to break a lease due to unsafe complex. I have option to buy it out but they want 1300 to do it.

Asked by Unspecified, Las Vegas, NV Thu Mar 21, 2013

Since I moved in, there has been a murder, armed robbery and multiple break ins. Its not safe for myself or my son.

Help the community by answering this question:


You may have an out if your lease contains a clause regarding safety issues and landlord's requirements and responsibilities. Some landlord tenant clients will represent you for far less than that amount, and some probably offer some sort of free consultation. Ask around for recommendations, and consider contacting your local housing administration to discover if you have other options.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 16, 2013
If you have already spoken to your landlord and they gave you the option of breaking lease for $1300.00, than most likely that is your answer. If you go to an attorney, it will cost you money and you will most likely get the same result. I know $1300 is a lot of money, but if you really feel threatened in your home.... it is a very small price to pay for the safety of your family. If you have any questions about other alternatives, please feel free to call me anytime.


Thank you for choosing City First Mortgage Services,

Nathan T. Kessler | Sr. Mortgage Loan Originator
City First Mortgage Services
8871 W Flamingo Rd Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(C) 702.683.3126 | (F) 702.974.0848 | (O) 702-522-6743
nathan.kessler@city1st.com http://www.city1stlasvegas.com
Company NMLS # 3117 | Branch NMLS # 819501
Individual NMLS # 377217 NV #46175
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 29, 2013
You said that you want to break the lease agreement because of all the incidents that you described,but on the same you mentioned that you are interested in purchasing the property but the owner wants more than what you are willing to pay....hmm??

I would suggest that you contact someone that is entitled to give you a legal advise like an attorney.
Chris Harrison has provided you with the Nevada legal services information..its free!!

We are real estate agents and not attorneys. If you need assistance with purchasing a property, I will be happy to provide you with an excellent service and set up a personal search for you. Please contact me at 702-612-7099 or email at Rena@cvegashomes.com.

You can search for all the updated current homes for sale in Las vegas by visiting http://www.cvegashomes.com and click on home search.

Rena Levy
Certified International Property Specialist
702-612-7099 Direct
Web Reference: http://www.cvegashomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 22, 2013
You can contact Nevada Legal Services. It's a non-profit organization that offers free legal service. They may be able to help you.

Nevada Legal Services
530 S. 6th St
Las Vegas, NV

Best of Luck,

Chris Harrison
Barrett & Co. Realty
702.592.9510 mobile
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
That can be a tough one. You should seek an attorney if possible. You can do extensive information searches on Google. If you don't have quiet enjoyment to your property you may have a good case . There are also good legal aid services in Las Vegas. I hope you can get everything worked out.
Suzie Marquardt
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
I juist need a name of someone to personally contact. I'm not getting any calls back
Flag Thu Mar 21, 2013
Talk to a legal aid person to help you. It is impossible to say what you can or cannot do without seeing the lease.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 21, 2013
I would be willing to send you the lease agreement. What's killing me is the concessions that I was given to move in because my employer is a preferred employer.
Flag Thu Mar 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer