Home Buying in Stockton>Question Details

Enriquezerik…, Home Buyer in Stockton, CA

I need help finding a a license Realtor in Stockton CA. I am a first time home buyer. I been told there is help out there for me.

Asked by Enriquezerika09, Stockton, CA Mon Aug 27, 2012

Answers

14
Good afternoon,

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

2. Get a referral to a good, local, real estate attorney. Call the attorney, retain the attorney so you have her information handy when you make an offer. Having that information at time of offer helps you demonstrate to the Seller how serious you are, and they will consider your offer with more interest.

3. Line up a Home Inspector. A good home inspector will scare the heck out of you: that's what you pay him for! But you'll concentrate on the fundamentals of the property: roof free of leaks, plumbing, heating and electrical up to code and in good working order. Again, when you make an offer and you have your Home Inspector ready to go, your offer will be considered with much more interest by a Seller because you truly have your "ducks in a row" and your preparation demonstrates your serious attitude about conducting the purchase transaction in a timely manner.

4. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home.

Put together your Team of real estate professionals and shop 'til you drop!

Trevor Curran
NMLS #40140.
I'm sure you will find many agents right here on Trulia, and you can also find good realtors at open houses on the weekend to talk to. You are smart to get your own agent when you are beginning your search, they can help you find a lender to get pre-approved, and send you regular new listings as they come on the market. Good luck!

My name is D’Adrea Davie, I work with my mother, Rosemary Brooks together we are the Mother & Daughter Realty Team. My suggestion is to work with a buyer’s agent versus the sellers agent. I think this is one mistake buyers make when purchasing...both will guide you through the process, but a buyers agent is vested in only you whereas the listing agent will have an invested interested in both parties and sometimes it can be difficult to do.

Being a first-time homebuyer, I would suggest interviewing at least 3 Buyers Agents to assure that you are with an agent that is equipped to fulfill your home buying needs. San Joaquin has a list of first-time home buying programs that will require a low down payment and some that will assist with the down payment. In order to take advantage of these programs you will need to qualify and utilize participating lenders.

I also suggest attending a 8 hour first-time home buying class. This class will inform you of some of the available programs available for first-time homebuyers and educate you on the process of purchasing a home. Feel free to contact me for further information.

I would also suggest working with an experience HUD Home Selling Agent so you can take advantage of possibly purchasing a HUD Home. HUD Homes are affordable, many are FHA approved, and require no appraisal fee (which is one less thing that you will have to pay for).

The most important thing is to find an agent that is going to work hard for you, teach you responsible homeownership, and release some of stress from purchasing a home. We would love to work with you. I suggest visiting and sign up on our website at http://www.motheranddaughterrealtyteam.net to receive up to date real estate information.

Like us at http://www.facebook.com/FirstTimeHomeBuyers.DPA and http://www.facebook.com/motheranddaughterrealtyteam for updated market and purchasing information. Contact us at (209) 910-3706 for additional questions about purchasing a home!
I'm Elwood Humphries, work with PMZ real estate. I can help you out. If you would like references, read my reviews on Yelp, under Elwood Humphries, Real Estate Agents, Stockton. Be sure to read filtered reviews too. I have about 7 reviews all 5 stars and a 4 star.
I have a couple reviews on local.yahoo too under, Elwood Humphries, Realtor®
I have a great banker I work with or we also have an in house lender if you don't already have someone. Please read my reviews before working with anyone else, please read theirs as well, you should make an informed choice. I always answer my cell or return calls promptly, email replies quickly and texts too. I will keep you informed every step of the way.
My husband and I are first Time Homebuyers as well in Stockton Ca! I really wish we found the realtors we are with now FIRST, because with the first realtor we had we were highly disappointed our times didn't clash, we had no trust between her, we had to educate ourselves online, we would call her and message her and wouldn't get a response until a couple of days later, ETC. The ladies we are highly educated in what they do and got us a Loan that we totally didn't expect, We are very happy about it and like i said, If only we had them first My husband and I would have most likely been in a home already. The realtors that I recommend are Rosemary and D"Adrea Brooks, a mother daughter realtor team. They are quick to respond and they educate you on first time home buying stuff. They have their own website and facebook page! Send them a message through facebook or their website or email and they will contact you right away like they did with me, I can assure that!

https://www.facebook.com/motheranddaughterrealtyteam?ref=ts
http://motheranddaughterrealtyteam.net/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
As all other realtors on this page, I would love to help you with your needs. There are two different types of programs that could help you. One is on the lenders side in the form of a special type of loan to help you get into a property with a low down payment. The other is in the form of the listing side (institutions selling the home) that specifically try to sell to low income or first time home buyers as long as they meet specific criteria. I would recommend sitting down and discussing what could work for you. This would involve a Realtor such as myself as well as a good lender who is current on the happenings for these programs in Stockton. I look forward to discussing your situation.

Patrick Henry
209-981-0765 Cell
209-954-1739 Office/Desk
DRE #01892827
There are programs out there that will allow you to buy a home with as little as 1/2 percent down or even possibly less. In addition, it's possible to have the seller pay all of your closing costs!

CHRISTIAN CHRISTOPHER REAL ESTATE was founded by Christian Christopher Cervantes (Chris).

Chris was born and raised in the Stockton area, his family having moved to the vicinity more than 70 years ago.

Chris holds a Bachelor Degree from the University of the Pacific, with studies in both Pre-medicine and Business Administration. While at the University of the Pacific, he received distinguished membership in the Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society for his academic achievements.

In 1999 Chris began investing in Real Estate and furthering his studies in all areas of residential real estate including real estate transactions, contracts, mortgage lending, tax advantages, property management, and investment strategies. This resulted in a very comprehensive, hands-on knowledge of the local real estate market.

Chris is the recipient of TOP SALES ACHEIVEMENT award. Along with his highly trained team of Realtors, Chris's years of experience combined with his determination and enthusiasm creates a winning combination that you can count on to represent you in any of your real estate transactions. Chris is a member of Central Valley Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, and California Association of Realtors.

CHRISTIAN CHRISTOPHER REAL ESTATE is committed to continuing to serve area home buyers and sellers with superior dedication, honesty, integrity, and professionalism.
CHRISTIAN CHRISTOPHER REAL ESTATE
(209) 951-5555
http://www.ChristianChristopher.com
cc@ChristianChristopher.net
Good afternoon Enrique,

As you can see there are many Real Estate agents ready and willing to help you. I'd like to add my name to the list. You may want to check out PMZ Real Estate's website: PMZ.com. We have a terrific website with many helpful features. On my web page is JTruscott.pmz.com you will find several helpful features as well as some comments from satisfied clients.

I thoroughly enjoy working with home "buyers" and would appreciate the opportunity to help you find a home.

Jan Truscott, DRE# 01885265
PMZ Real Estate
Cell: (209)403-4051
Email: JTruscott@pmz.com
I do not live in the area but you want an agent that has an CRS, ABR, or QSC designation. I would interview three agents and ask them questions that fit your needs.

Enrique,

I have been working with buyers in this area for 9+ years and have intimate knowledge of the area. I love working with first time buyers and would love the opportunity to find the right home for you. Please contact me right away using the number below and we can discuss your plans. I look forward to hearing from you!

Randy Martin
Prudential California Realty
Office: 209-476-4279
E-Mail: randymartin@prusl.com
Hello Enrique,

As you can see by the responses already, there is plenty of help out here for you.

I grew up in Stockton and know the area very well. I'm out showing homes several days a week in Stockton and I'm familiar with what's available for you in just about any price range.

I'd be more than happy to assist you throughout the whole process to help make it go as smoothly as possible for you.

Feel free to message me or call me directly.

Randy
(209) 712-9473
Hi Enriquezerika09,

We've got some great associates up in the Stockton area that would be glad to help you out with everything from getting financing to closing the deal.

Give me a call and we'll get you set up with a great Stockton Realtor.

Adam Dalton, Century 21 M&M
209-480-6079
adalton@c21mm.com
Hi Erika,

I am a licensed realtor and have worked with many first time home buyers. Please contact me by phone/text/ or email and I will be more than happy to assist you through your home buying process.

Judy Pham
Prudential California Realty
3202 W. March Lane #D
Stockton, CA 95219
Cell: (209)403-1595
efax: (734)549-6600
DRE# 01820359
Jpham@prucalifornia.com
http://www.judypham.com
Help is here for you. Get more than one opinion to find the bast match for you. Inventory levels are down and there are a lot of great agents in Stockton to work with. I am happy to help any way I can.

Joseph Smith, Realtor®
5713 N. Pershing Avenue Suite E
Stockton, CA 95207
DRE License # 01427426
Office (209) 476-4257
Cell (209) 969-4498
Fax (209) 762-5238
http://www.JosephGSmith.com