Home Buying in San Diego>Question Details

Pamelakohler4, Home Buyer in

I need a sweet, understanding, patient, reliable, and honest Agent to contact me. We are in Saline, Michigan and want to move to CA. by Oct. 2012.

Asked by Pamelakohler4, Thu Apr 12, 2012

Please call Pam at 734-645-5420 between the hours of 12:00pm (est) and 10:00pm (est) to discuss what I want to buy and the location. We would like to be in CA by Oct. 2012.
Thank you so much.
Pamela J. Kohler

Answers

26
Hi Pam,

I see you received a LOT of responses yesterday. When you're talking to agents, sweet is nice, but the most important attributes in an agent are honesty and transparency. Understanding, patience and reliability are a given, so if you don't see those, move on.

Communication is huge. If your agent won't talk to you past 5:00, how will that work in escrow when that's the only time you can go over complicated paperwork and you have a deadline to sign?

I've had clients tell me their agents were patronizing when asking questions. That's not a sign that they know so much, it's a sign that they don't know the answer. And it's OK if an agent doesn't know the answer to something, it's how it's handled. No one knows everything, and we have to know a lot. We can always find out or point you int he right direction.

Also, beware of the agent - and loan officer - who tells you not to worry, everything's fine. That's not transparent, and it's patronizing. You should have the details every step of the way.

Most important is an agent who will prepare you for the transaction, so there aren't any unnecessary surprises. That means getting fully pre-approved for your loan, submitting all necessary documents before you even write an offer. It's probably the least fun part of buying a home, but it's better to know up front if something needs to be cleared up, than to have to confront it in escrow. In escrow, you have to pay $1000-ish out-of-pocket in the first couple of days, depending on the property, for your home inspection and appraisal. You don't get that back if escrow cancels and they're both done. And if an underwriting surprise comes up AFTER you've removed your contingencies, you also risk losing your deposit.

You were probably inundated with calls too! I won't be one of them, so don't hesitate to contact me anytime with questions!

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 13, 2012
I can help you !

____________________

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell

Call me 424-777-9377 - FREE CONSULTATION!

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov

President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -

Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com
http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents -
Lic# 01896869
I guessing that your phone has being ringing constantly. If you want to have this post removed ( or your phone number taken off) let me know.
Welcome to San Diego,
Check out
http://www.BestSanDiegoHomesGuide.com
Please go to my website.. http://.www.TheRealEstateCat.com...I will be happy to answer any of your questions.
I'm understanding, patient, reliable and honest but not that sweet.....should I disqualify myself?
Pamela, It takes a brave soul to post a phone number direct to trulia!!! LOL! Buying real estate almost only means that you need someone at least remotely familiar with the specific area. Quite different with finance: my knowing the neighborhood is really not relevant to the quality of the financing process. Having lived in both Northern and Southern California I am very familiar with quality agents in most areas of the state. We do have some very accomplished and talented real estate professionals in California. If you would like some options about financing, please contact me. I believe home buyers should know all of their financing options so their decisions are made with clarity. Best of luck to you!
Hi Pam-

I sent over some information to you earlier. I will follow-up with a few listings and photos.

Warm Regards,
Diane

Diane Kephart, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
3790 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014
858-525-5402
d.kephart@hotmail.com
DRE#01026996
http://www.dreamhomesofcarmelvalley.com
This is for you Cory La Scala, you are VIP#1, you would win my vote if I was Pam. Good Luck!
Sharon
Hi Pam. You have sent out the most Realtor seductive messgae ever. The only thing you could've said that was better would be "i need to spend $1M and I have all cash". Please be kind to all of the Realtors who called you.
Hey Pam, I grew up in Chelsea, MI! Small world. I think you'll love San Diego. My agent was amazing, very knowledgeable and now a personal friend too. Kyley Christy - 619 885 3941. I highly suggest you give her a call. You'll love her, trust me. Good luck!
Nate
Hi Pam,
I left you a voice mail this morning, just want to be sure you get my contact information. I bet you get lots of responses.. I love that you know exactly what you are looking for! This business is 95% relationship based, I would love to spend time on the phone with you. I am confident you have described me in your statement. I will be happy to provide you with some clients names and phone numbers when we speak. They will confirm I will exceed your expectations.
my contact information is: (858) 414-3950 cell; email: phallhomes@gmail.com; web: http://www.PattiHallHomes.com
I am in north San Diego county
The only thing I would add to Cory's excellent response is listening. An agent who listens to you and can demonstrate that through their actions (not just words) is few and far between.

The agent you choose is supposed to be working for you. Not all see it in that light.
I hope that you are having a wonderful day. I'm sure that you have received numerous phone calls and I hope that you have received helpful information regarding your situation. My husband and I are native San Diegans and we have compiled a San Diego neighborhood guide for our relocation clients. It gives brief overviews and summaries of most of the areas throughout San Diego County. If you think it would be helpful, I would be more than happy to send this over to you. It is usually posted on my website, but I am currently in the process of transitioning my website. Please let me know if you would like me to email that over to you so that you can get a better idea of the areas of our wonderful city.

Jennifer Dominquez
Jennifer@HomeVisionSanDiego.com
Unless you have lived here before and know the area, I would suggest you consider renting a place before you buy so you can really dial in what area of San Diego best suits your needs.

Opening up a question like you have, you will get every viewpoint under the sun. Each agent you talk to will have a slightly different perspective, which is good in some ways, but not to your advantage in others. At some point having too much input and information is as bad as having none at all because there is no way from your position to process all of it.

Just be careful who you trust and don't commit to any one agent too quickly. The question you posted is the equivalent of throwing chum in the water....you might consider editing your phone number out of the question! Good luck!

Talk soon.

BeachBrokerBill
CA DRE 01775528
I can only imagine the amount of calls you got. I'll be more than happy to help you get pre-approved should you need a mortgage Pam. It would be my pleasure to serve you and welcome you to sunny California!
Pamela
I can email you some of my clients who would give me good ratings in the attributes that you are looking for in an agent. You can also look at the testimonials on my website.
If you are looking for a home in the San Diego area, I would be glad to help you. I am a native of San Diego and very familiar with the neighborhoods

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Hi Pam. My client's have said that I am all of those things. My wife just says I'm honest (She actually says more about me, It just isn't polite).
If (and only if) you do not find the Realtor of your dreams, feel free to give me a call, 619-507-7449. Or, email me at rowellrealestate@gmail.com.
Congrats on your decision to move to California. You're going to love it.
Jack Rowell
Pam,

It will help to know your desired location in California. It might be best to find an agent who knows the City/Communities you are interested in. I would be happy to have a discussion with you if you are thinking of moving to San Diego County and have not yet found someone to work with. I have done several out of state relocations.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co.,Inc.
Rancho Bernardo - PUSD
760-644-1562
Hello Pamela,

I know you are going to be bombarded with phone calls, so please feel free to check out some client testimonials and I'd be more than happy to provide you any of their numbers so you can speak with them directly. Keep in mind that I also have to abide by 5 different codes of ethics, so you can rest assured you'd be in great hands. A reliable, honest, ethical, hard working, knowledgeable business professional who was born and raised in San Diego..hard to beat that combo. Best of luck!

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
858-997-3704
chad@chadbasinger.com
Pam...I just left you a message..I'm sure you've been inundated with calls...we can be very assertive. If you would like to talk, please don't hesitate to call..858 395 7727...or go to my website ww/TheRealEstateCat.com...there is a button on the left "home search"...that may help you look for property here in San Diego.

I look forward to talking to you.
Jeannie Thompson
DRE#01021435
Coldwell Banker Real Estate
930 Prospect Street
La Jolla, cA 92037
http://www.TheRealEstateCat.com
http://www.Facebook.com/jeanniethompson858
858 395 7727
Good afternoon Pam, you and I spoke earlier in regards to your home search. I have some information to email you but unfortunately your email address isn't provided in this site. Please email me at sergio@safeharbormm.com and I'll send over the info we discussed. It was a pleasure speaking with you and I hope I can be of service to you in your relocation to San Diego. Thank you very much, have a great day.

Sergio Casas-Silva
Partner
Safe Harbor Realty
sergio@safeharbormm.com
(P) 858-405-3289
(F) 619-512-4421
Dear Pam,
I am sure you will receive many calls from agents in San Diego County in regard to your request. I pride myself in my work and integrity and would be more than happy to provide you with letters of recommendations. Please feel free to call me if I can be of assistance 760-522-8230. There are some great properties in San Diego & Riverside County that I would love to show you. Thank you kindly, Sharon
Hi Pam,
You will certainly get several calls from this post. I am an agent in San Diego, and just left you a voicemail.
I'm working with another family who plans to relocate to SD from Saline, MI as well. No cold winters here.
If San Diego is the area you're looking to move to, then I would be happy to help.

Talk to you soon!
Lori Demirdjian
619-241-1015
LoriDemirdjian@gmail.com
I would be honored to assist you. I posses those qualities. maureen@landangel.com or 760 622 6855
Pam,

You requested:
I need a sweet, understanding, patient, reliable, and honest Agent to contact me.

I fit all the above except possibly "sweet". Would you accept "nice" instead?

Dennis Smith, ABR, SRES, e-PRO, Realtor® CA DRE#00476662
CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Specialist
RE/MAX By-The-Sea

Office 760-436-0087
Toll Free 888-668-9053
Watch out, your phone is about to explode!
Web Reference: Http://davidcares.com