Home Buying in Gates>Question Details

Dorene Chret…, Renter in Meriden, CT

I need a rent to own house

Asked by Dorene Chretien, Meriden, CT Sun May 6, 2012

Answers

1
Gina Chesnes’ answer
Hi Dorene,
My first suggestion would be to find a real estate agent that you trust. They can find rent to own homes in the Rochester area for you and can negotiate with the buyer for you.Be sure that you have some down payment- it is usually difficult to find a rent to own or a lease option that doesn't require a down payment. You need to know how much you can afford in rent each month also. If you have any further questions, you can contact me and I'd be glad to help you.
Ok, how much for a down payment are we talking? In the thousands? Or just security deposit and let's say, two months of rent? I do have a disability and my income is SSD I go to school and do work study (I am deaf so I am studying ASL) And I do receive funds from school for room and board. I get well over 4 grand I could live in the dorms but I preferred to have a home as /I am reaching my thirties.
Flag Sun May 6, 2012