Home Buying in La Jolla>Question Details

Angela Wilson, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

I need a realtor. moving to miramar...willing to move up to an hour away...how cheap can i get a house?

Asked by Angela Wilson, Detroit, MI Tue Jan 22, 2008

moving in 4 months

I would love the opportunity to talk to you about your move.
Some of the questions are:
Do you have children in school?
What type of area do you like (warmer, desert like, mountains, views)?
What do you like to do when you have time off? (HIke, go to the beach, ride horses)
Do you like living in the city or country or somewhere in between?
How large or small of a home do you want?
How much of your monthly income do you want to do toward housing.

With over 24 years servicing home buyers in the San Diego area I feel I can help you find what you want.

John Costigan
Connect Realty

My name is Tammy Kuyenov. I am a a licensed REALTORĀ® with Keller Wiiliams here in San Diego. I would love to assist you find the perfect home for you and your family. I would love to help you get one step closer to finding you, your dream home. Please don't hesitate to call me with any questions you might have. You can reach me at (858) 413-7558.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank You,

Tammy Kuyenov
Welcome to the sun. I would recommend Mira Mesa (near Miramar), not as pricey as some other areas. There are some single family homes, condos and townhouses. I am not too far from there and enjoy the shopping and restaurants in the area.
Last time I looked, the prices ranged from about $350K-$550k depending on your needs. There are some other cute areas close to the 15 which will get you there in a decent amount of time. However, don't be shocked when you see the sticker prices of homes. What you get in other parts of the county is very different here. If you are interested in renting a place, I would start looking days before you arrive. Rentals go fast...
Are you able to make a visit before you arrive to check out the different area.
Let me know if you need help.
Nancy Bergman
When I moved from out of state to CA because of the military, there was an immediate "sticker shock" comparing the price of homes between two states. I found an excellent area in San Diego to call home so my family could also commute to Miramar AND avoid a freeway commute. If you need assistance in your move, email me at HomeSweetSanDiego@gmail.com.
Its a great time to buy but its a sellers market. That will make it difficult to buy due to the competition with other buyers. In the next couple of days my office will be receiving multiple For Sale Properties that will not be listed in the MLS. I don't have any information other then the properties are all San Diego properties.
Get back to me for more information
If you are still interested what are your parameters so that I can better address your question? Now is a great time to buy!
As already stated, that really depends upon your qualifications, the size home you're looking for, and a more specific area. Otherwise your answers will be too vague.
Forgot to add, I agree with the others in regards to renting month to month. This should allow you to get "settled" in, find out where you want to live and etc. Granted, it is a bit of a pain, moving more than once but trying to get timed where you close on a house and available when you get there is hard to do as wel, meaning you could be moving twice regardless. If I was moving to a new town, would move most of our stuff into storage, live month to month rent until we decided exactly where we wanted to live. Best of luck.
You can find an agent or Realtor on here, or also check out Zillow.com They have past clients write a review, giving you a better idea of the type of agent/Realtor you will be working with. Are you pre-approved? That should be your first step regardless, best of luck.
I also suggest renting a month to month until you find a place you are ready for.
You can pick up a house on a lot of land an hour east of miamar for super cheap. But you'd be living in the boonies. If that's your style I say GO FOR IT!!
Here's a traditional sale in Alpine A LOT of house for the price
I would recommend renting first, you will will than decide, where is the best location for you. Purchasing property is a large investment, and should not be done in haste. also renting for a while is less expensive.
The closest area that is very affordable right now is Mira Mesa.
You can get a home with 3BR/2Bain good condition for about $350K.
I don't suggest for you to have an hour commute because the price of gas is too high and the wear and tear in your car is too great.
Also, the stress and health hazard make it a very bad choice.
Please don't hesitate to call me at 619 300-5008 if I can be of further assistance to you.
I have been a realtor here in San Diego for the past 34 years and I am confident that I can simplify the process of buying for you.
I suggest renting the house of your choice. There is an abundance of available homes to rent in the hwy 15 corridor. We have managed properties in the greater San Diego area since 1972. After moving into the area you can take your time to research and negotiate the best purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.FBS-PM.com
Hello, i will help you, without feeling pressured to buy through me. Just send me a reply, and my email will receive it. I in return will send pics of homes and info .
Thanks from Ron

You will find home prices in the San Diego area to be higher than Detroit, but you'll love our climate, activity options and short travel distance to beaches, mountains, desert and Baja, Mexico.

I don't think you will need to move an hour away to find affordable housing near Miramar. The San Diego real estate market has softened considerably in the last couple of years, with some communities down 30 percent or more in their pricing.

If you would like to search the San Diego MLS using a mapping technology, just click the link below. You will also find a blog and tons of information about San Diego communities.

Best wishes in your transition--and don't pack too many winter clothes!
Roberta Murp…, Real Estate Pro in Carlsbad, CA
Angela: As of today, the lowest asking price for a small 2 Br. 1 Ba. home in Miramesa that is very close to the Miramar area is $ 275,000. Also, in the Oceanside neighborhood that is around 20 minutes from Miramar, you can find a 3 Br. 1 Ba. small home, asking price $ 229,000. I imagine there is still a small flexibility in those prices. In Oceanside there are some Bank owned properties. You can get good deals on those. You can check in my website for whatever area you prefer. I can not guarantee what the prices will be in four months and how the interest rates will move; if up or down.
Visit http://www.sandicor.com/statistics and you will see every zip code listed in San Diego County and sales statistics are listed for past months. You will see the average/median list and sale prices for each zip code and Days On Market and Monthly Inventory. By using google maps, you should be able to find an area that meets your needs. You propbably should contact a Realtor to help you, even though you will be moving in 4 months. Ask your Realtor to look for Bank Owned properties and homes that have been listed for a while, since they usually have the largest price reductions.
Temecula. Beautiful and cheap. Better if you have family.