homebuyer, Home Buyer in Bensalem, PA

I need a realtor! I've been working with one over the last couple months, but he just doesn't seem interested in me and my needs.

Asked by homebuyer, Bensalem, PA Tue Mar 5, 2013

There was a couple houses I missed out on, because he wasn't quick enough to act. For instance: if i contact him about a property I want to see it takes him about a week before I get a chance to look at it, Is that normal?? I only ever bought a house one other time about 20yrs ago. And if I remember correctly I was in contact with her almost on a daily basis until I found a house.

Answers

17
An agent in this Business needs to be available 7 days a week to his/her clients.Not only showing homes but keeping open lines of communication.

I live in Bensalem and a large portion of my business is in Bensalem ,and would be happy to assist you in finding your next home Feel free to reach out to me :

Monish "Mike " Patel
http://www.patelsellsrealestate.com
direct -267-716-5932
monishp1@gmail.com
You need to look for a Realtor who fits in with your schedule, needs, and personality. For example, if you can only look at homes on certain days, make sure that your realtor works on those days. There's no need to hire someone who is a Monday through Friday agent, when you can only look at houses on weekends!

You will also need to agree with your Realtor when you are interviewing them on how frequency of talking/meeting during the buying process.

All the best.
It is unusual for a Buyer's Agent to act like this - responding to your questions or missing houses. It may be possible that houses may be gone by the time you schedule a showing.
I lived in Bensalem and very familiar and cofortable with area.
Let us schedule to meet at your convenience so we can discuss your home buying needs.
Please contact me at 267-808-8285 or mail me at VGupta5694@Hotmail.com
I am a realtor in the Bucks County area and you probably are remembering correctly about how much contact you had with your agent. I speak to my clients on a daily basis, sometimes multiple times if needed. Times have changed with technology that makes keeping in touch with clients easier than ever. I am willing to communicate by whatever means works best for my client. Some prefer texting or email while others like a phone call. I would recommend that you talk to your agent to see if you can fix the problem. If you need anything feel free to contact me directly. Jodi@jodicohenhomes.com or 215-801-8734. Good luck.
I'm a full time Realtor and am highly responsive to my clients needs. Feel free to call me anytime, I'll set up your showings.

-Ann
(215) 622-5070
A week to get back to you.
In many cases that is 6 days too late!
In most cases, the agent needs to respond within hours, not days.

I can't help but believe there is more to this story.
Now would be a good time to chat with your agent, or the broker and make other arrangements.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420. 4041

Home tour Scots Landing
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
My first approach to working with a client is understand their expectations.....then fulfilling them. Let me know if you want to communicate by email, text, or phone, and then let's discuss what you need and the timeline. My 20 years of experience has taught me clear communication techniques, and I have great follow-through until you say you're satisfied! text/cell: 215-869-7871
A Realtor must be easily accessible and it is not normal to respond you after a week rather one should be quick. I can help you if you provide me your contact at VGupta5694@Hotmail.com.
Taking a week to respond to see a property is not normal. Check our find a pro tab above and get yourself a good realtor. A good realtor will respond within hours. NOT DAYS
Hello Homebuyer,

The early bird gets the worm. I'd be happy to recommend some realtors in the area that are a little more responsive.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
VOTED BEST IN BUCKS 2010 & 2012
NMLS ID 143960
Dear Homebuyer .... this is not the way a buyers agent should be working with their client .. I would be happy to sit down with you and interview for the job .. and share with you how we get you homes and our guarantees… as well as get you homes as quick as they hit the market .... if you have about 20-30 minutes .. Tony 215-485-3868
Yikes! That's no good. Definitely talk to your agent about your concerns.

I utilize many forms of communication to keep my clients in the loop about new listings (phone. Email. Text) I would love to help you as well and would promise excellent communication and typically less than 2 hour reply time when you try to reach me.

You can visit my website for new listings and daily alerts. http://Www.kimberlyrock.com
Web Reference: http://www.kimberlyrock.com
As mentioned in previous answers, you should have a conversation with your current agent to express your concerns and give him/her a chance to correct the situation. It is definitely reasonable for you to expect your agent to be sensitive to your needs, and if homes are moving quickly, to be able to respond to your needs. That being said, if you feel the need to switch agents, you should interview several to find one that you are comfortable working with. Make some calls and choose wisely based upon their abilities to meet your needs. I'd be happy to discuss with you further. Best of luck!

Jack Torres
Coldwell Banker Hearthside, Realtors
Doylestown, PA 18901
Email: j.torres@cbhearthside.com
Hi Homebuyer, no, that is not normal. Your Realtor should respond to you quickly, especially when a property could be lost. In fact, it is a breach of his fiduciary duty if he caused you to lose out on a property.

Have you spoken to him about this? If you feel it is unresolvable and would like to move on, I would recommend doing a few phone interviews with agents tomorrow so you can see if you're a good fit for each other.

I would be happy to be one of the agents you interview.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287 in PA
856.979.5967 in NJ
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
If your agent is not responsive to your requests, I would ask him if he is interested in continuing to work with you? If he is, then you should talk about what both of your expectations are with regards to timing. Many agents with will not go out and show houses if the buyer has not bothered to get pre-approved for their financing. I suggest that if you have not done this, you do it right away. It will show him you are a serious buyer and also you will know what you can afford.

However, if you are not feeling that he is responding quick enough to your liking, then inform him you no longer wish to work with him and will find someone who better suits your needs.
It is reasonable to expect a quicker response time. The market has really picked up and if you are ready to purchase your agent should be meeting your needs. Have you spoken with him about this? If you haven't I'd suggest giving him the chance to correct it. If you have and nothing has changed then you should interview for a new Buyer's Agent.

Good Luck.

Scott Freeman
http://www.Scott4PaHomes.com
You need a full time realtor, the market has heated up and when one hit the market you have to be able to go that day. Contact me and I will be happy to find your new home. Cinnamon Boffa cinnamonb@remax.net 215-245-2121