Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Chelsealorim…, Renter in Charlotte, NC

I need a realtor. I am so sick of looking online. My husband is beginning a gen.surg. residency June 18 and we need a home by then. We live in SLC, UT

Asked by Chelsealorimer, Charlotte, NC Fri Apr 12, 2013

We need at least 3 bedrooms if there is a bonus room/office, or 4 rooms. We have 2 young boys. We would like the 150,000-200,000 but are prequal'd for much more. And close to CMC Charlotte, 1000 Blythe Ave. We will be visiting April 20-24 to look at homes, but it seems they are going so fast I can hardly keep. I would really appreciate the help. Chelsea

Answers

32
Good evening, Chelsea:
It is good that you are noticing that properties are selling quickly in Charlotte; inventory is lower than it has been in the past. There are about 450 homes which meet your basic criteria and which are located within about 12 miles of CMC. But many of these would not be suitable for one reason or another. There are some specific strategies that we employ when buyers must have a home under contract within a short time frame. It is a bit of a whirlwind process, but it has proven successful. However, there are some things you must do before you get here so that you are prepared. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to discuss this with you further. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 12, 2013
Hi Chelse, If you are an MD, DO, DPM, Resident or Established Physician - the following bank rep will provide you with 0% (zero) down 100% loan and No MI with Preferred Client rate and standard costs.

Asst. Vice President / Sr. Mortgage Officer / Tom R. Callahan / thomas.callahan@53.com
Fifth Third Savings, at 904-591-6722

Offering 100% Lending within Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire. And New York with 5% down.

Mr. Callahan has been recognized nationally as a ranking leader within the mortgage industry and has assisted hundreds of Physicians within Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Univ of Chicago Medical Center in my new home town.

Best wishes to you! Sarah Jones, MD
This is great information, thank you, Sarah!
Flag Wed Feb 19, 2014
This program is wonderful - recently had a client/buyer who used Tom and we had a successful closing. Great time to buy! - TJ - Realtor
Flag Tue Feb 18, 2014
Chelsea, You are correct, it is definitely a "seller's market" and my firm has experienced this time and time again since last year! One of my brokers listed a beautiful home in Ballantyne Country Club on Friday, February 7, 2014 and we had multiple offers the same day and we now have a contract for $11,000 over asking price and the best part it is CASH no mortgage! We would love to help you find your family's perfect home close to CMC and to help you maximize on your ROI (Return On Investment)! Please take a look at the links below and email at christina@carolinavue.com. We look forward to helping achieve your real estate goals! http://www.carolinavue.com

Christina Hansen
CEO/Founder
704.540.8000
christina@carolinavue.com
Web Reference: http://www.CarolinaVue.com
Though the post is old recent answers have bubbled it up to the list - and the topic is a good one so I will chime in here. Your experience parallels the path many buyers take - building knowledge of a market and inventory using online resources initially and connecting to a realtor when ready to do business. In fact, a good agent will be a tremendous ally so that is what a buyer should seek out, that great resource that will lighten the load and provide the support that the buyer expects and deserves.

Remember that there is a long road from browsing online to the closing table. Assisting with the search and evaluation of properties, guiding the offer and negotiation process and managing the transaction from acceptance to close is all a part of my job. No need for you to get buried in the details - connect with an agent that works the way you do and you'll be well served!
Web Reference: http://feenickhomes.com
Hello Chelsea,
I would love the opportunity to help you and your family relocate to Charlotte, NC! I have been a Realtor in Charlotte and the surrounding area for over ten years and I enjoy my profession. We have help many families with their relocation needs.

Could you please email me your email address, so I can send you some properties that match your criteria that you listed? Or you can click on this link http://www.carolinavue.com and start your perfect search right now!

My firm was certified an SPS® firm back in March of 2013. We understand the Absorption Rate calculations and the pricing strategies when helping our buyers and sellers.

Please contact me at your convenience my information is listed below. I look forward to helping your family achieve their real estate goals for 2014!

Christina Hansen
CEO/BIC of Carolina Vue Real Estate Group, LLC
704.540.8000 or 1.800.LISTING
http://www.carolinavue.com
Web Reference: http://www.carolinavue.com
Chelsea,
We just changed our website this past week, please click here to start your search...http://www.carolinavue.com
Flag Tue Feb 4, 2014
Hi Chelsea,
I have lived in NC my entire life and in Charlotte for many years now. I am local and do most of my business in Charlotte. I know the area well, that you are looking for. Movement Mortgage is one of the most respected mortgage lenders in the Carolinas and we are the most efficient in the business at closing loans on time. If I can help you with your mortgage, please let me know. Thanks and Good Luck!
Chelsea, I can help you! I have been selling real estate in Charlotte since 1992, own the firm, and have years of experience in your preferred area. I can set you up on a search and make your house hunting experience SO much easier! I am available to set this all up for you, can set you up with your own private website where any new listings will come directly to you, and can take you around and help you find your dream home with a minimum of hassle. My boyfriend is a Doc also (Neurologist in Concord, NC), so I understand what the stresses are of your busy lifestyle and I will make it easy for you to do all that you need to do. I can be reached at: 704-905-4062 or toll-Free at: 1-877-372-2252. My website is: http://www.NewHomesNC-SC.com. We are BBB vetted and have helped thousands of homeowners find their perfect home in Charlotte, NC! I am happy to send you testamonials and numbers of others in similar situations who are having a tough time navigating finding a new home in this new city. Happy House Hunting!
Daniel gets my vote as well and my "thumbs up". In a quickly moving market you need an agent with this kind of precision to make sure you don't miss out on the perfect home.
I can assist you in your request. I work with US and international real estate and can try my best to assist in the of purchase of your property. For real estate worldwide, whether you need a home in Charlotte or Salt Lake City, anywhere in the world for that matter - there is no better place to begin and end your search upon finding the home of your choice than Century 21 Real Estate.

You can reach me at:

world@century21.com
Hi Chelsea,

You may want to contact Rae Drake with Fifth third Bank. I have referred her for the past 10 years to my buyers and she has always performed professionally. She puts her clients interest first and is extremely knowledgable of the industry and the banks programs. They have a great Doctor Program- She is even married to a Physician.
You can reach her at 352-514-1829 or rae.drake@53.com

Good Luck,
Bernedette- Realtor in Vero Beach, Florida
Chelsea,

I narrowed down the search for you, to homes for sale in Charlotte within your price range, on the link below:

http://www.realtypin.com/searchhome.aspx?key=charlotte%2c+no…

To find experienced and reliable Realtors In Charlotte follow the link below:

http://www.realtypin.com/realtors/us/north-carolina/charlotte
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
HI, Chelsea. My long term boyfriend is a physician also (Neouroligist in private practice but with CMC priveleges as he used to practice at CMC Northeast). Hpefully I will be able to help you out, because I understand the time and hours he will be putting in as a resident Physician. Not easy on him or on your family.

I can set you up on a web search with exactly what you will need, close to Blythe Blvd., maybe at SouthEnd or Providence, close to CMC Main. Please feel free to call me or to email me and I can set that up for you so we can go looking while you are in town. The only caveat is that I am heading to Charleston SC the 20th through the 25th, this visit when you will be here- this has been a scheduled trip for three months with a client who is looking for beach property, and I can't reschedule it (they are coming from Florida). If you can only look during those dates, though, I can refer you to another Broker who I can promise you will be excellent- and who owns his Real Estate firm, like me, so he has a wealth of experience and much better than average skills to assist you. Either way, I'm here to help you out, so call or email me tomorrow and I will get you all hooked up! Happy House Hunting!

Have a nice evening! :) Kristen Haynes, Broker In Charge, General Contractor
New Home Buyers Brokers, Inc. / Realty Pros

Direct: 704-905-4062
Email: khaynes@newhomesnc-sc.com
Web: http://www.newhomesnc-sc.com
Chelsea
I would be happy to assist you in your property search. I have helped many people relocating into Charlotte understand the area and am able to match peoples needs with the area that they live in. I have also helped physicians and surgeons at CMC in residency find their dream homes as well as obtain financing with the Physicians Loan (this loan allows you to borrow based off what will be made after the residency. The last physician I assisted I was able to negotiate 50,0000 off asking price with 10,000 towards upgrades and closing costs and an additional 35,000.00 in repairs. An expert negotiator and native North Carolinian can be your best asset in relocating. Feel free to call email or text and thanks!
I will be glad to recommend my realtor. I have relocated to Charlotte recently. My realty Marge Rumgay at Easy Street Realty. Marge is amazing! phone # 704-458-4490
Hi Chelsea,

I am a full-time, professional Realtor who is caring, resourceful, and diligent. I have been selling real estate with RE/MAX (the #1 real estate company in the world) for over 10 years. I am very familiar with the CMC hospital area and I would be delighted to assist you in finding your new home here! If you choose to work with me, you family will be my #1 priority and I will do everything I can to ensure that all your needs are met while you are here in Charlotte, starting with door to door service from the airport and/or your hotel.

On my website, http://www.lizetteconover.com, you'll find lots of great info about the Charlotte area and my search engine is excellent, too. I should also mention that my husband, Darren, is also a full-time Realtor. We work as a team so you get really personalized service and attention!

You are going to LOVE Charlotte! It's a wonderful place to live and raise a family. I trust you'll find everything you're hoping for and more.

If you have already selected a Realtor, I wish you all the best just the same.

Lizette
704-995-5676
Chelsea,

You are getting a lot of responses here. Anyone of us are capable and willign to help you find the right home and devote the time needed to ensure you get the right house and at the right price.

I know the area well and have helped many clients find homes there. I can offer you experience and the fact i am a full time agent that is working for you....

You can look over my profile and if you would like to contact me I would be happy to discuss further and narrow down for you selections of homes and set up a scheudle for you to look at homes and tour the area when you are in town between the 20th and 24th.

Feel free to either e-mail me back at ddicecco@cbunited.com or call me at 704-519-7895.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hi There,

First of all, welcome to Charlotte. It is always hard to search for a home when you live in another state. Let me tell you about myself and my company. I have lived in Charlotte for over 30 years. Prior to real estate I was an Executive Recruiter and I helped relocate many individuals to Charlotte. And prior to that I was in Health Care for 20 years. As a matter of fact, I worked for the Residency Training program of the University of Florida and, again, helped with relocating residents from all over the country and the world. I am primarily a buyers agent and I represent properties all over Charlotte. It is definitely a good idea to have an exclusive buyers agreement with your chosen agent because you need someone who represents your interests in any transaction. Before you make a decision, take a few minutes to "interview" a couple of agents over the phone. I have some unique things I do for my buyers that I would love to share with you. You can reach me at (704) 661-0221 any time. I am available the week of the 24th and I can commit the entire week to your search.

Kip
I am available those days to help you.. Give me a call at 704-607-7514 so we can discuss your requirements right away..
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area. If an EBA is not available in your area, find an agent who specializes in buyers, and one who is a full-time career agent.

There is a book on Amazon called a"Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It's on sale this weekend for .99 cents!
I'm available to show you and your husband homes during your visit. Feel free to call/email me! I'm happy to help!

Jackie Young, Realtor/Broker

Email: jackieyoung@kw.com

118 Morlake Dr, Ste 100
Mooresville, NC 28117
Hi Chelsea,

If you would like to give a call I would be happy to discuss your move and learn a little more about what makes you and your family happy. There are many neighborhoods in Charlotte close to CMC, each with different lifestyles and amenities. Once we narrow down a few places that sound right for you I can send you all of the available properties and we can make a game plan for the 20-24th. Feel free to call anytime my cell is always on me, 704-619-3971.

Take care,

Michael Laine
michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
Hi Chelsea, I have many friends and family that live in that area!! You will love Charlotte. I was born and raise here. 'Ive been a realtor since 1988. I would be delighted to help you find your home. That price will take around 30 minutes from the hospital. My numbers- 704-392-0559, 704-287-8477
We wish more people would catch on that you must have a Realtor, so why delay the process. Start with a Realtor first thing, and then if you find something online (preferably on a real MLS fed website; not a third party website like realtor.com, trulia, zilliow and many others) you can have your Realtor check into it. Best next action is to ask a local Real Estate Broker by clicking "Find a Pro" in the main menu at the top of this website. http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
Hello Chelsea,
I worked at CMC for a long time before I got my Brokers license, so I am familiar with the area. It is a great area too! I would love to help your family achieve its real estate goals, I have two sons as well and can relate to the needs of two boys.

I own my own real estate firm here in Charlotte and have been awarded the Strategic Pricing Specialist designation in 2013. Brokers who have this designation are very knowledgeable in the two most important area or selling/buying a home which are Market Trends and Pricing Strategies!

Please check my firm's credentials with the NC Real Estate Commission (919.875.3700) and you will find that the 10 years that I have had my license I have never had one compliant! Please call me for my firm license number. Also Chelsea, please go to our website http://www.CarolinaVue.com I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Christina Hansen
704.540.8000
http://www.CarolinaVue.com
Debe Maxwell
Charlotte NC Neighborhoods Agent
http://www.iCharlotteRealEstate.com
Debe@DebeMaxwell.com
(704) 491-3310

or

Jennifer Monroe
Savvy + Company Real Estate
1920 E. 7th Street, Charlotte, NC, 28204
Office Phone: (704) 975-9206
Cell Phone: (503) 975-9206

They're both excellent and will treat you like family. Please tell them I sent you.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
Chelsea,

You are going to be inundated with offers of help with a plea like that! LOL! I understand the frustration of seeing things online and watching them slip through your hands before you are even able to grasp them. It is a dynamically changing market and you do need a partner in the real estate journey to assure that you can apprehend that which you are seeking.

Will your two sons be attending school or a nursery program? Will you also be working outside of your home or do you have other interests that will have a bearing on what amenities are close by your new home?

Based on the need to have a close proximity to your husband's employment and your budget, I would probably target the Southpark region as my first search perimeter. As you can imagine, things that are very close to the hospital are pricey because of the short supply and high demand. That doesn't mean there aren't some great values for you if you have someone looking strategically in the right places.

Should you still be searching for a buyer's agent, please feel free to give me a call. I have had many clients coming to and from Salt Lake City, Utah over the past few years. It must be a hot bed for brainiacs! LOL! (Most of them have either been doctors or CEOs!)

Blessings upon you...
Jan Teel
TEEL Realty
704-641-0267
Good afternoon!

Congrats on your relocation to Charlotte! My Firm deals with alot of the CMC Physicians and Residents. Our market has definitely picked up and things are going under contract very quickly. I would absolutely love to assist you and your family. I would love to learn more about the style and type of home you would prefer. Of course, some of your preliminary information is great. Based on that information and price, it will be very challenging to get something very close to CMC Main at that price point because this Area is definitely one of the "best" locations in Charlotte. Not to worry though, we will find you something.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Debbie

Debra M. Buck
Reatlor/Broker
HM Properties
704.421.2107 Cell
Debra@hmproperties.com
Web Reference: http://www.hmproperties.com
Hello Chelsea, I completely understand. I was born and raised here, and will be happy to assist you. I think you will find it much easier. Please give me a call at (704) 607-2299 and we'll make plans. My website is http://www.debbieviscount.com. I look forward to talking with you in the next few minutes. Thanks so much!
I would love to help you find a home and am available now to show you property. Please contact me at 704-451-3895 or visit our website http://www.PropertiesinCharlotte.com. I can guarantee you a very happy experience; I can provide you with plenty of recommendations.

Debbie Arriero
ABR, AHWD, ASP, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, SFR, SRES, REALTOR
Serving the Charlotte area since 1990
Licensed in North & South Carolina

Arriero Realty, Inc.
P.O. Box 77283
Charlotte, NC 28271
Office: 704-451-3895
Fax: 704-321-2403
ArrieroRealty@gmail.com
Chelsea,
My name is John Kurtz and I am a real estate broker here in Charlotte. I live and also have my office near CMC main in Charlotte and would love to help you with your home search. Feel free to email me at john@johnkurtzhomes.com or call my cell at 704-560-1656 and we can talk more in depth about what your looking for.
John
Hey Chelsea,

Getting in touch with an agent to help with your search is a great start to your search. I have a buyer's book that I provide to my buyer clients that I'd be happy to send you as we'll as getting you setup on a custom search and pencil in time to view homes in person.

Give me a call or shoot me an email. I'd be thrilled to help you and your husband.

Amy Baker
Allen Tate Realtors
704-258-1459
Amy.Baker@allentate.com