Home Buying in Montrose>Question Details

travises, Home Buyer in 91020

I need a real estate lawyer who can prepare a purchase agreement.

Asked by travises, 91020 Fri Oct 5, 2012

We are buying the home we are currently leasing, directly from the owner who does not want to go through a realtor. Any recommendations for a lawyer specializing in this who could help?

Answers

7
Yes Jack Kortz in whittier, Prudential office number 562-943-7266. Are you in california. Its important that you are looking out for your best interest. You want to make sure of your legal rights. Good luck, keep in touch and call me if you have any questions Diane 714-618-8031
To me, this is RED FLAG:
I would be on the lookout for more Red Flags;
Disclosures?
Inspections?
Title?

Good luck and may God bless
Travises,
Just a thought, but why does the homeowner not want to go through an agent?

There are usually 3 reasons.

1. They don't want to pay any commission. If they don't want to pay a commission, the lawyer is still going to want to be paid. If they are asking you to pay for the lawyer, you would probably save money by going through an agent.

2. They don't want to pay a full 6% commission. If it is a question of the commission amount, I am sure I could do both sides of the transaction for 4% with approval from my broker.

3. They don't want to pay a commission on their side but are ok if you pay for your side. In this case, again, you will probably be ok with a real estate agent. In some cases they will offer to pay the buyer's side commission of 2.5-3% but they do not want to pay for someone to represent themselves. So, again, in this case I can help you.

Even though I work out of the Burbank office of Dilbeck, I too live in Montrose. So, I can come by most any evening to give you advice if you need it.

Try to make sure you are doing what is best for you and your family.

Please call or send an email if you need help with any of your real estate needs.

Tommy Lee
DRE #01723594 SFC (Short Sale & Foreclosure Certified)
Premier Service® Professional
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
323-821-2292
говорю порусскии
See if the owner just doesn't want to pay commission. You can pay a Realtor just the same as a attorney. Make sure the attorney knows all the disclosures to ask for and knows the comparables in the area before you write.
Gershuni & Katz
Gregory B. Gershuni

1901 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067

Telephone: (310) 474-6300
Facsimile: (310) 282-8149
Email: GGershuni@GershuniKatz.com
http://www.gershunikatz.com/gregory_gershuni

Practice Areas

Business Litigation
Business Transactions
Commercial Litigation
Commercial Lease Litigation
Commercial Lease Review & Negotiation
Contract Review & Preparation
Real Property Foreclosures
Real Property Litigation
Real Property Transactions
Trust & Probate Litigation
Hi, I recommend Anthony Casesse 914.330.2816 or Anthony@casesselaw.com....Tell him I sent you.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Try http://www.LegalZoom.com, they have all sorts of real estate forms on there.