Home Buying in Temple Hills>Question Details

Ashley, Home Buyer in 20748

I need a real estate agent in Temple Hills, MD. How do I find a good one?

Asked by Ashley, 20748 Tue Sep 29, 2009

I am looking for a realtor in Temple Hills, MD. In the process of getting the financials and wanted to start looking around to see what, if anything, is decent in my price range.

Answers

8
Deborah Banzon’s answer
Hi Ashley,
The best way to find an real estate agent is to ask family and friends and interview prospects. Remember, pick someone you feel you can relate to and knows the area. The agent you select will get you results with integrity. If you don't know the questions you should be asking, feel free to contact me so I can provide you with some assistance.

Deborah
Ashley,
Ask your trusted friends, family or co-workers of agents they have worked with. Find out why they liked the agent. Then do your own research, interview at least 5 agents and ask questions that are important to you. In my opinion it's not about how long an agent has been licensed it's how they do business and what kind of personal service they can give you. If they are too busy or only work part- time they may not be able to fill the needs you have. Choose someone that you can communicate honestly with, remember you will be spending a lot of time with this person. Best of luck to you and happy home hunting. Remember it's a great time to buy!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 29, 2009
You need to interview at least 3 different agents. They can be referrals from friends and family, but often personal relationships and business relationships do not mix. You want to know: How long the agent has been in the business, but more importantly how many homes per year do they sell. High producing agents have lots of expereince in negotiating, knowing related professionals for inspections, etc.. Also, they have the knowledge to foresee possible problems, and nip them in the bud...This will make the experience for you less stressful and keep you from feeling maximum angst. Part of being an experienced, knowledgeable REALTOR is designations...These are the funny initials after their name like ABR, CRS, GRI, Broker, etc. This means that that REALTOR has spent time and money gaining knowledge and knowledge is power! Good Luck! Remember, it;s not what they look like, what kind of car they drive, its WHAT THEY KNOW and how they make you feel!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 29, 2009
Hi Ashley,

If you are still in the market and looking for assistance. give me a call.
Hello Ashley, I agree with the other agents there is nothing like having someone who is experienced and knowledgeable in the area you want to look in. Interviewing agents and finding out if you and the agent make a comfortable team is very important to a enjoyable real estate transaction. I would love to interview with you to see if we are compatible as Temple Hills is in my area. I also have a nice listing in the area. contact me if I can be of help.
Web Reference: http://pghousesforsale.com
Hi Ashley

I'm a mortgage broker and any type of referral is more than likely your best source for finding a good agent or mortgage broker for that matter. Apart of the home buying process is finding a professional who will educate you during the process and explain things you may need clarity on. If you are in search for a mortgage broker I would like a chance to speak with you and get the process started for you, my most recent loan closed in 3 weeks my job is to make the loan process as simple as possible thanks for your time.

Thomas Johnson
1st Metropolitan Mortgage
301-613-2622
tjohnson@1stmetro.net
u need to sitdown face to face with buyer agents and c how they conduct a get to know u session.
Please contact me , if u want to meet with me.
We can decide at the end of the sesion whether we want to work together.
t the least u will get a lot of tips and insights.
rgds,
Ramesh Chandra
703 635 8209
mepcigroup@gmail.com
Sb Realtors Corporation
Hello Ashley,

It sounds like you are on the right track. I definitley agree with Deborah's advise. You may want to ask questions of the Realtor's like, how long have you been in the business? Do you specialize in any paticular area? What days and times are you available to work with me? What type of technology do you use that will help me in my home search? Do you have references?
If you are a first time homebuyer or haven't owned a principal residence within the past 3 years, you should also know about the tax credit that is being offered, however, you MUST settle no later than Nov 30, 2009 to take advantage of this.

It is information like this, that you should be able to depend on your agent to give you and to be able to keep you in a position of being an informed buyer.

I'm sure you will get many responses to your question, but if you would like to speak with me regarding your step into homeownership and interview me as a possible Realtor, I'd be more than happy to speak with you and help you. I am very familiar with PG Co., as I grew up there and have lived in the general area all of my life.

I wish you the very best in your search!
Kathy Dawson, GRI
Champion Realty, Inc
410-507-8970 cell
410-451-7600 ext 7619 office
kathydawson@championrealty.com
Web Reference: http://www.kathy-dawson.com