Home Buying in Paramus>Question Details

David, Renter in Hackensack, NJ

I need a place that is as cheap as possible. Less than 400 a month if possible 300 a month because I only have a steady part time job at the moment.

Asked by David, Hackensack, NJ Wed Oct 24, 2012

Answers

5
Hi David, I understand your need . This is hard to find in an expensive area as is Bergen County. Would you be able to move to Paterson. there are some lower prices there in some nice areas with good bus service if you do not have a car.Have you checked the legal rooming houses in Hackensack this would probably be your best bet. Good luck ! Call me if you would like to talk I am available most afternoons .201-925-4200
That town is too dangerous for a white guy like me especially after all the shootings that have happened . I just need a place close enough to get to my work which is the Kohls in Paramus next to the Bergen mall
Flag Thu Oct 25, 2012
David - in addition to Craigslist.com.........you can also check out the following sites

roomsters.com

roommates.com

Taking into account that your price range is very limited, your best (possibly only) bet will be to look for a roommate or roommates with whom you can share an apartment............also, try to be flexible with the towns you are considering

Best wishes............
Agreed Debbie, however Room Renting is illegal, this is why I was requesting some information, as if possible, obtaining a roomate, and converting a one bedroom into a two bedroom is a legal alternative.
You might be better off looking to see if you can rent a room in a house, or rent a share in a larger apartment with roommates - try Craigslist........just be sure you're dealing with the actual lease holder or owner.
May I ask if it is not intrusive, where do you currently reside and why are you moving? Are you currently single and live alone?
I am living with a family but they are moving November first. I am single and I am fine with just a room in a house or sharing a room with someone. I work at the Kohls in Paramus so anywhere that is 30 minutes or so away by bus I am fine with. I just really need a place quick and I am not really picky so long as the neighborhood is not dangerous.
Flag Thu Oct 25, 2012