Home Buying in Orinda>Question Details

Angela Wooda…, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

I'm wondering if an agent would be interested in working with a family interested in purchasing a lot/land on a relatively modest budget?

Asked by Angela Woodard, San Francisco, CA Sun Aug 4, 2013

My husband and I are researching the option of building a home in Orinda / Lafayette. I'd be interested in working with an agent to help us find land and provide their knowledge and expertise on land deals through the entire process. I'm concerned, however, that we would not be attractive clients, given our low land budget and therefore buyer's agent commission would be fairly low on the deal. The potential upside, of course, would be when we decide to sell and upgrade in a few years. I'd appreciate thoughts and feedback on whether any agent with land experience would be interested in this work?

Everyone has a budget and a comfort line! I think it is a great strategy to buy a land and build from ground up. You not only input your taste in to the house but also make a great resale value. You are on the right platform, just look for realtors who have land experience.
I believe they are developing an area called Orinda Grove near businesses, grocery, parks, library and BART which are good for location but note also it's proximity to Hwy 24. Please see website for info on those more affordable new homes with good schools.

Good luck. We just moved here and love the community and weather.
It is a great time to build. My husband is a builder, and I helped with design,etc. When looking for a lot, the expense can be greater depending on lot location slope, slope, soil, water-electric hookups.
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
Hi Angela-
As an agent, my first priority is your complete satisfaction from the beginning and through to the end in your transaction. Our office in Orinda, specializes in making sure that our clients have the best possible experience. It is more about building a trustworthy, loyal relationship.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions - let's find your family the perfect lot!

Kathryn O'Donnell
Coldwell Banker
Hi Angela,
I am happy to work with you and your family to find a suitable lot so that you can build your dream home. I have worked with a few of the well-known builders in the area, and helped them acquire land, as well as sell the finished home afterwards. While trying to build a home in Orinda and/or Lafayette can be a cumbersome process as you have to deal with the City's design review process, I feel I am well versed. Also, it may be beneficial to have you talk to a few of my builder clients to see if they have a lot that might work for you.

Well, please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, and we can discuss what your parameters are, as well as your timetable.

Brian Rochford, Realtor
DRE #01470068
(925) 285-0439
Hi Angela,

I'm an Orinda / Lafayette agent would love to help you out. Feel free to contact me.

Here's a link to our office Orinda office.

Hi Angela. I would recommend you find a local agent in the Orinda/Lafayette area. As far as commissions it's customary for the seller to pay. Better Homes has an office in Orinda that can help you. Good luck!
Our team can help you with your requirements. Just give us a call or send and email.

Jain Rishab(realtor)
Short sale foreclosure resource