Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Khalil, Home Buyer in Stone Mountain, GA

I'm trying to get a feel for some of the desireable places to live in atlanta, ga. What area of atlanta, ga.?

Asked by Khalil, Stone Mountain, GA Sat Apr 18, 2009

are you currently looking for a home in?

Answers

8
Michael Hammond’s answer
As you are probably aware, Khalil, metro Atlanta is about 85 miles wide and 80 miles long, so 6800 square miles of area would have many multiples of answers to the desirable part of your question. Most of the agents who regularly work this forum would be happy to provide their expertise in the market areas they list and sell online here for you. So to answer a question with a question, what factors do you consider desirable in a home search?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 18, 2009
Hi Khalil,
Usually I ask folks moving to the area, "where do you work and where do you play" Depending on the answers we can begin. Traffic is certainly going to determine a great deal, as is price range. There are many desireable areas.
My specialty is intown neighborhoods, near Emory University, Downtown Decatur, midtown, as well as others. There are some great urban experiences if that is what you desire as well as quaint "walking neighborhoods" on tree-lined streets. Let me know how I can help! JL@remax.net
The commuting time in Atlanta is absolutely one of the most important factors to consider, unless it be schools if you have a family. Then you need to consider type of housing, (condo or single family home), and, probably most important, consider what you like to do when you are not working and what type of neighborhood you would like. As everyone else said, you can find anything you like in Atlanta with some reasonable guidance
Web Reference: http://www.muzzyhome.com
Khalil, Atlanta in general is a great place to live. Where you want to live will be determined on how much time you are willing to spend communting. Once you determine you commute time, then you can start to focus on areas. Decide what are the three most important things about where you live such as schools, access to highways, convenience to family and friends, etc. This will help make your home search easier.

Best of luck with your new home.
Kathy Seger
Hello Khalil,

There are several wonderful places to live in Atlanta. I service Metro Atlanta and surrounding areas. I would be very happy to show you and give you information on those areas I feel would fit your needs. To learn more about me as a realtor go to my website at http://www.rickpaynesold.com. Especially, review " About Me" and the other information on my website. Please, contact me at 678-427-5512 or (email) repayne7@bellsouth.net so I can starting showing you and giving you information on those areas of interest.

Rick Payne
Desireable...hmmm...

Depends on what you desire, doesn't it?

Write back with your top 3 desires, then we can answer your question with vibrant and vivid viewpoints.
Khalil,

Because Atlanta is so large and traffic can be a bit of an issue, the best answer is to take a map and mark where you work, and then spread out from there to identify the best areas within a reasonable distance. Vinings, for example, is a great area, but if you work in Stone Mountain, then wouldn't make sense. Perhaps you can give us a little more to work with.
Web Reference: http://www.H2realty.com
Dear Khalil,
Anyone that can answer that question in a paragraph doesn't know Atlanta very well! There are so many wonderful places to live. Because there are so many great places to call home, your choices should be based on what's important to you--commute, schools, type of home, urban-suburban-or breathing space?,church affiliation...the criteria goes on and on. If you are thinking of purchasing a home, its a great time to interview a few Realtors and hire one that understands your needs and one you can trust to find the perfect home for you. In the Atlanta area, I promise its out there! Good luck!
Feel free to call me or check out my website.