Home Buying in Lansdowne>Question Details

Gabriala Yoo…, Home Owner in Folcroft, PA

I'm trying to buy a house, and I need help getting started.

Asked by Gabriala Yoodo, Folcroft, PA Fri Feb 15, 2013

Answers

8
Profile Inspections, LLC’s answer
Getting pre-approved and selecting a realtor are all the correct answers to getting started. Once you have found that dream house, you need to protect your interests by having it inspected. The Home Inspection will provide you with the information you need about the property, to make the important decisions as you go forth with negotiations to closing. I provide computer generated reports; including digital pictures of any deficiencies and arrange for other inspections you might desire. Covering the five counties of Southeastern Pennsylvania.

Larry Wiggins, Principal
Profile Inspections, LLC
610-279-6161
profileinspections@verizon.net
Gabriala,

You have already gotten off to a great start by asking the question!

Some begin by speaking with a Realtor who can help guide them through the process, the first step of which is to get pre-approved for financing. If you already have a mortgage professional in mind, that is a great place to begin. If not, agents such as myself can put you in touch with a knowledgeable professional they know and trust to find you the loan that works best for you.

Once you are pre-approved, sit down with your Realtor and go over your needs, wants and desires and they will begin the process of finding homes that fit your criteria.

I'd be happy to discuss this further with you privately. Give me a call, so we can get started today!

Warmest regards,

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred – Conshohocken

Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894
Email: jstein@cbpref.com
Web: http://www.joshuasteinhomes.com

PA License #RS317975
First step is to get pre-approved for a mortgage, and second would be to get connected with a Realtor to look out for your best interests! I just sold a home in Lansdowne to some first time buyers - feel free to contact me with any questions, I would be happy to explain everything in more dept to you!

Rebecca Utermohlen
Coldwell Banker Realty Corp
rutermohlen@cbrealtycorp.com
Office: 215-855-5600 ext. 138
Hi Gabriala,

-1st- Go to bank (recommend) a credit union to get pre approved for a loan.
-2nd- Go to a real estate agent with your pre-approval for a Buyer's Consultation- do not find an agent by looking for a house first and then calling the agent who is listed on that house- that is dual agency and for a first time home buyer, you will want to an agent who only has your best interest at heart, not both you and the seller
-3rd- Look into some first time home buyer programs in your city/county you are planning on living in- though I would tell the agent you are working with that you would like this as well during the initial consultation and they can point you towards programs to enroll in. A lot of the programs provide money towards closing costs.
Lastly- just be open with your agent and do as they say because once again they know the entire home buying process and will be able to help you from beginning to end to make the process as smooth as possible. This is why it is so important to choose well initially.
If any questions at all, feel free to contact me!! Good Luck!! Carmelle

Carmelle Jean-Paul
Century 21 Absolute Realty
512 Baltimore Pike
Springfield, PA 19064
215-900-6656
610-328-4300ext.130

I am a local agent, and I am familiar with collingdale and the area that you are looking to buy. I can help you get pre-approved and ready to start looking. Most important things are your lines of credit. Please email me to discuss yours. I can meet with you to go over your options.

Brian Fletcher
Brianffletcher@gmail.com
Hi Gabriala, my colleagues below give great advice. Although if you don't understand the process, you can also start with a Realtor. They can explain the whole process AND recommend mortgage professionals to help you get preapproved.

I would suggest you have a "Buyer Consultation" with a Realtor to explain the whole process so you know what to expect every step of the way.

I wish you the best of luck!

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287 d
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
The best advice I can offer is to start by speaking to a local lender to get yourself pre-approved for a mortgage. You can look here on Trulia to find experienced Realtors in your area that you can contact once you'e done this.

I've attached a link below on how to find a great agent to work with regardless of where you're located.

Best of luck and happy house hunting.
The first thing to do is talk to a local mortgage lender and get pre-qualified for a mortgage. Basically the lender will look at your financial situation and determine how much of a mortgage you can qualify for, which will then tell you how much you can afford to spend on a house. If you don't know a good local lender (not a big bank, but a smaller bank that specializes in writing mortgages) you should call a realtor and ask to be referred.

Once you are pre-qualified you will need to choose a realtor to work with to find your new home. The realtor will guide you through the entire process from finding the home straight to closing.