Home Buying in Guilford>Question Details

pnelli22, Home Buyer in Holstein, IA

I'm thinking of purchasing there in Brownville and maybe renting it out till I can sell my house and move... are there many people looking to rent?

Asked by pnelli22, Holstein, IA Thu Sep 12, 2013

Answers

5
I'm in Milo Maine which is 15 minutes to Brownville junction. I would like to sell my house, but need money to finish fixing a home I bought in Dover Foxcroft. If you might be interested in buying mine, I could pay rent after closing till my other home is fixed, probably June. Also, if you needed longer, I could get someone trust worthy to rent it. A home like mine brings in around 700-750 a month. See it on craigslist.org 9 Pleasant St Milo ME
Renting in small towns can be tricky. Quality tenants are hard to find and the rents are low. I have seen house rent for as little as $400 per month. I own 6 houses that I rent between Brownsville and Millinocket. I have family in Millinocket that handle the rentals for me, so I know the market. I would suggest screening any prospective tenants really well. If you don't have a particular property in mind, I would be glad to help, maybe even sell you one of mine. You can reach me at 207-838-7773
The rental market has picked up in many markets.

With so many homes being sold as short sales, there are a good number of previous home owners looking to rent.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Hello Pnelli22. Yes, there are plenty of people looking to rent in the Brownville Maine area; however rent prices are lower up here due to the slower economy and of course if you are buying to live in the home futuristicly, it will be important for you to do careful screening to ensure you find a tenant who will take care of your property like it is their own.

I run a property maintenance company in Dover-Foxcroft which is 2 towns south and can assist with seasonal services (mowing, snowplowing, etc) in the interim, as well as small scale property management for getting you a decent renter if you choose to go that route as well.

Feel free to call me at 207.564.8158 and I will be glad to assist in answering any other questions you may have. Or you can check out our website at http://www.CooverServices.com or http://www.the-home-for.me to learn more about the services we offer.

Matthew Coover, owner Coover's Seasonal Services
I make Leasing easy. I just rented 462 flag pond rd in saco, for $1575 in 24 hours with 9 months of rent in advance. Last week I rented a home in Lake Arrowhead in only two days to a 3 year lease.
I can help you find a dream property and I can property manage on rent it to your perfect tenants.
I have a unique formula that is unmatched. Check out my recommendations they speak loud about what I do. Please feel free to call me Anytime 207 632 2110